Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using one foot switch to turn one effect on & another one off

MikeTicehurst

Hi

I'm sure I've seen this on patches on CustomTone but I can't figure out how to do it.

I want to have a compressor on when using a clean patch but then I want to turn on a distortion fx and as I do so this its off the compressor. I know I can do this using the snapshots feature but I'm sure that it can be done this way too.

Anyone help?

What codamedia said.

The scribble strip will say multiple. To rename it, TOUCH the button, select Customize on the screen, and enter the new name (by default the screen will say one or another of the assigned effects, not what the scribble strip says).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a similar issue here, but with a bit of a twist... I have a footswitch assigned to both a volume block and a pitch whammy block. I can get the switch to toggle between the two blocks (one goes off, the other comes on) by setting one on and one off then saving BUT I want the footswitch light to be ON when the whammy block is on and OFF when the volume block is on. No matter what state things are in when I save, it always ends up the other way around, i.e. light on when volume is on, light off when whammy is on. What am I missing?

EDIT: Problem solved, sharing for others to see if needed. The solution is SO intuitive I missed it completely....  It seems that when multiple blocks are assigned to a switch, the light follows the block that is active in the bottom section of the screen. So all I had to do was touch the switch until the Whammy was shown on screen, then save the patch. Works perfectly. 

Edited by andyfarrar
Problem solved
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

After being an analogue pedal guy, I am officially now a believer and a new addition to the Line6 family.

Just wanna give a shout-out to everyone and codamedia for his excellent solution to my first problem of toggling 2 effects with 1 switch.

Kind regards,

Cornelius

8 hours ago, cornelius80 said:

Hi everyone,

After being an analogue pedal guy, I am officially now a believer and a new addition to the Line6 family.

Just wanna give a shout-out to everyone and codamedia for his excellent solution to my first problem of toggling 2 effects with 1 switch.

Kind regards,

Cornelius

This thread is a bit old now. You may want to take a look at snapshots for toggling effect bypass states as an alternative to the time-tested and still valid method codamedia provided. Snapshots offer control over a large number of bypass states as well as parameter setting changes with the click of a single switch. Easy to program too.