Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! Latency after recording guitar

Need help. Every time I record my guitar in Reaper, my track is not lining up with a metronome or my drum track. The track is always either slightly delayed or slightly ahead. And I have to manually line up the track so it's on time. Very annoying. How can I make it so the track will line up perfectly after recording?

Interface: Toneport UX2

I'm using the default ASIO driver for the Toneport UX2.

There isn't any noticeable latency when I am playing, but after it's recorded I notice latency. And it's never the same, some times the recorded track will be slightly delayed or slightly ahead. It's not perfectly lined up with my MIDI drum track. My full setup is Guitar > Toneport UX2 instrument jack > USB on my computer. And I am using YAMAHA studio monitors connected to the Analog Outs on the Toneport. The DAW I'm using is Reaper.

Ok. Do you have any other daws installed that you could test the ux against? If its the same using another, the problem is likely the toneport/settings, if not, its probably something to do with configurations in reaper. Have you tried adjusting the buffer in the line6 audio tab in your computers control panel?