Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cosmos Tape Head Times?

cacibi

Can anyone tell me what the tape head note values are if the tap tempo value is set to, say, 1/4 note? I'm not getting the interplay between the tap tempo note value and the play heads. Maybe it's not a neat tempo subdivision but a fraction or multiple of the tempo sync value but...I'm not able to get my head around it.

Thanks!

May it operates the same way as the Boss RE-20?:

"Relative to whatever the tap delay time is at playback head 1, the tap delay time at playback head 2 is twice that, and the tap delay time at playback head 3 is three times that"

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25318121/

Indeed. The Cosmos Echo has three heads, equally spaced. The delay time sets the time for the third head. Head 1 is 1/3rd of the displayed delay time. Head 2 is is 2/3rd of the displayed delay time.

So in terms of note values, I guess Head 1 would be a quarter note triplet and Head 2 would be a half note triplet.

• Like 1