Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue with my Helix LT Highs

vonprater

New to the Helix. So here's my current setup: Ibanez RG655 with a SD JB in bridge > HELIX LT > Alto 312

My only issue with current setup is this, High notes specifically on higher frets lack clarity, brightness and tightness. It's almost as though my Helix is clipping. My rhythm work sounds fine. But anytime I tear into alternate picking three per string type stuff it's almost like something can't process the signal. I should note I play High gain, primarily using the PV panama patch.

Tried with the noise gate bypassed.

I've tried bypassing the TS808 and LA compressor with little success.

I've toggled my global EQ on and off employing a LOW cut of at least 70k and a High cut of 8k. 

Toggled all parameters of the head.

Changed mic on my cabs

Turned the volume up on the ALTO so my input signal from Helix is low.

I also bought the cheapest mic cable available at GC so I've pondered if that may be it?

Please for the love of God, someone help me here. 

My guess is you have too much gain on the amp.  Distortion is a form of clipping and will more likely affect higher notes than lower notes because of the need for better clarity and articulation in order to be differentiated.  Lower the gain until the high notes are clear then dial it up slightly to get a level of distortion that will maintain articulation of the notes.  The other thing that pops to mind might be your pickups if they're particularly hot.  Try playing with the input levels rather than leaving them on auto.