Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Add a complete new path to existing preset

andy6527

I am trying to add a completely ne signal patch to an existing preset, independent from the other paths already there, so not just a case of selecting a block in path B ad dragging down.

I know that if you go into the templates there are some there that have four completely separate patch with their own input and outputs, but trying to do this for an existing preset, just can't figure it out. Searched for YouTube vids but they all seem to show creating a path 2B or something like that.

Any ideas, can it even be done, or do I need to start building the preset again using the four path template?

Once you drag a block down to the second path, you have to go to the Split and Merge blocks where the two paths split and come back together and move those down. Those will create new input and output blocks for that path and separate it completely from the first path.

If I remember right, this doesn't work on HX Stomp. Rather its has a L/R Input that feeds the stereo path. When you move a block down to path B, you can move the split block to the beginning and the merge block to the end of the path. Then you adjust the A/B split volumes to control which input goes to with path. I use this to run guitar and mandolin into HX stomp at the same time.

10 minutes ago, amsdenj said:

If I remember right, this doesn't work on HX Stomp. Rather its has a L/R Input that feeds the stereo path. When you move a block down to path B, you can move the split block to the beginning and the merge block to the end of the path. Then you adjust the A/B split volumes to control which input goes to with path. I use this to run guitar and mandolin into HX stomp at the same time.

Uh, wait, can you show a screenshot or something?  I've messed with the Stomp and done a bunch of dual paths, but it didn't seem like it was a good dual instrument machine.  Do you use an FX block?

• 7 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 6:54 PM, amsdenj said:

Here's a picture of the patch and how to set the A/B split to separate the L and R inputs:

image.thumb.png.77505c7b9237dab29bba2594ccc21748.png

You  can drag the merge block down to create a separate output, but you can't drag the split block down to create a separate input.

So doing it this way you can separate the output to the l/r main ? So if I have path B controlled by the f/s 2 it will cut the amp feed to the right main?

Right now I have the out put block pulled parallel and it sends path B to the send/return outs

Doesn't look like I can use my rickosound output to split the inputs on the stomp :(

12 minutes ago, Robtrowb said:

So doing it this way you can separate the output to the l/r main ? So if I have path B controlled by the f/s 2 it will cut the amp feed to the right main?

Right now I have the out put block pulled parallel and it sends path B to the send/return outs

Doesn't look like I can use my rickosound output to split the inputs on the stomp :(

You should be able to do that, no problem. What kind of setup are you after, exactly?

17 hours ago, Robtrowb said:

Does Rickosound work similar to the stereo output of a Chapman Stick? I use the HX Stomp to process both sides of my Stick separately, melody strings into L input and bass strings into R input. My signal path is basically the same as the image shown above. It is important to have Balance A and Balance B panned fully left and right at Split Y (start of the path) AND ALSO at the Mixer (end of the path), if you want two separate mono signals at the L and R outputs.

Recently, I've started routing path B (mono bass signal) to the Send output, so I can have melody strings running stereo out of the Main L/R outs.

Not sure about using a footswitch to cut the amp feed on path B.

• 4 weeks later...