Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Case for HD500X

cage771

2 hours ago, cage771 said:

All - 

I am on the hunt for, at a minimum, a case for an HD500X. I'd actually prefer a pedal board (with case) so that the power supply can be mounted underneath.

Thanks!

Well, this won't hit the pedalboard requirement, but back when I had a HD 500X I bought this case and thought it was perfect. It's a snug fit - so if you hate that don't go with this one. It was nice and cheap though and kept it safe. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

I went with a decently priced pedal board with bag off of Amazon. It's a bit bigger in all dimensions than the HD500X so it should work perfectly. My biggest concern was protecting the unit during transport and when in use, protecting the power supply and rear connectors from stray feet. As of now, and on paper, what I ordered should fit the bill nicely.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:43 PM, Kilrahi said:

Well, this won't hit the pedalboard requirement, but back when I had a HD 500X I bought this case and thought it was perfect. It's a snug fit - so if you hate that don't go with this one. It was nice and cheap though and kept it safe. 

Are you going to tell us which one?

21 minutes ago, matonanjin said:

Are you going to tell us which one?

Ha ha, whoops. I bought this one below but it came in two sizes. I can't remember which I got. I do remember I measured the 500x and then chose the size that was slightly larger. 

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gator-gk-2110-keyboard--fx-multi-effects-board-bag/544723000000000

I bought this Floorboard and bag from Amazon. It just arrived this morning so I haven't had time to mount the HD500X to it yet. Upon inspection, the bag and board are of solid construction. The board is just the right width and due to the depth, connections won't be hanging off the back and exposed to feet. It came with everything advertised including the power supply brackets. I will have to drill and tap the screw holes for the brackets, but that's easy enough.   

The bag has an internal and an external pocket, and with the HD500X and the board in the case, there is plenty of room for cables. Oh, along with the normal carry handle, the bag has decently padded backpack straps. At this price point and for what I need it for, I have no complaints yet. 

Finally took the time to mount the HD500X to the board this morning. It turned out very nicely as the slats on the board line up with the two raised areas on the bottom of the POD. The provided velcro is good and holds securely. 

Given that my main goal with this was to protect the power connection, I put the leading edge of the POD closest to the leading edge of the pedal board. I used zip ties and some velcro straps to mount the power supply under the pedal pedal board. I grabbed an 18" inch extension cord out of my parts bin to get a proper lead out from under the pedal board.  It turned out nicely and I see no issue with the arrangement. It fits nicely into the bag. 

My only remaining concern is the quality of the bag and how long it will stand up to transportation and actual use. Time will tell of course. All in all, this seem to be a good way to protect the POD, protect the power supply and other connections, and make transportation easy.