Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Easy way to revert back or undo preset changes(?)

mitchmarkell

I am confident that this is a REALLY stupid question, - but I still can't seem to find a way to quickly get back to my saved settings on a given preset once I have started messing around with perimeters (editing it). The preset title shows the little "edited" box next to the title. Even if I go back out to the presets navigation buttons and navigate back to the preset and select it, - the preset still shows as "edited". So generally I get pissed off and reboot the Helix. ...About 10,000 times a session. Stupid.

It's is either:

1. Deceptively simple.

2. Not at all intuitive. or

3. I'm just dumber than a bag of hammers. 

Help? 

It's actually very fast and simple. Use the Presets button/knob on the device - not the editor. Rotate the knob one click left and immediately back a click right. The first rotation loads the adjacent preset, wiping out unsaved changes in the current preset. The second rotation reloads the original preset and changes are gone.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Are you switching presets after changing a snapshot or just moving to another snapshot in the same preset? If the latter, there is a Global Setting that allows you to specify whether you want snapshot edits to be saved or discarded when you leave the snapshot. 

When you leave a preset without saving it any edits to the preset are lost. It will load in its last saved state.

On 2/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, Lukedog82 said:

i'm looking too and can't find an answer. this is the closest thread i can pull up for some reason. i changed some stuff around on a snapshot. the little E is beside the title. i assumed when i left the preset and came back it would be gone and resort back to it's original state. not the case. i also turned the unit off and back on. the little E is still there along with my changes. if i do this in the future to a preset i don't want to lose, how can i get it to resort back to it's original state without putting everything back manually. never seen a pedal save your changes like that.  no way to discard changes even though they're not saved?? i hadn't tried a stomp change to see if it's the same. maybe this just affects snapshots?

That doesn't sound right.  If you power down the unit and reboot the "E" should no longer be displayed.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:51 PM, MGW-Alberta said:

That doesn't sound right.  If you power down the unit and reboot the "E" should no longer be displayed.

It sometimes happens to me when I have an expression pedal that is misbehaving. When the pedal is at its min or max physical setting it sometimes fluctuates from, say, 0% to 1% for no apparent reason. That causes the display to shift to the pedal setting and is also interpreted as a change to the preset. Hence the ‘E’.