Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setlists Bug

fargusrobottom

I've copied one setlist to another.  One I use as 4cm and one I use as Direct to PA.  If I make a change in the SetlistDir it also changes the setlist4CM.  So if for example I remove the FX loop block in the DIR setlist since I'm not using an amp now in the setlist4cm the fxloop block is now gone too. Thank god I had backups just made changes to 22 songs and it screwed them up.  what is going on here bug that needs to be fixed or working as intended?

Bug or Feature? Good question. 

I can see how changing one and having it apply to the other could be a really nice feature within set lists. (eg: reuse the same preset in several places... one change changes them all). But in your case that would be a huge annoyance.

I honestly don't know if this is intended or not, I'm just viewing the approach from two different angles. I don't have my Helix with me to test at this time. Hopefully someone else will jump in with a response. 

Just a thought.... do the patches share the same name? If they do, maybe change the name (add DI or 4CM) to the names and see if they remain linked. 

According to this thread from 2016, presets are not linked.... but that would be very old firmware and could have changed.

https://line6.com/support/topic/22862-master-presets-and-gig-setlists/

I don't think I've noticed that...but I have my stuff arranged where different setlists are different types of presets....

setlist 1 is templates, setlist 2 are my 'stock/core' sounds, setlist 3 is song presets, setlist 4 is downloaded presets...I've copied from my setlist 2 to setlist 3 and made changes to the setlist 3 versions and not noticed anything updating in setlist 2....and also when making changes to Setlist 2, it doesn't seem to affect setlists 1/2 either.

But I agree, this could be a useful feature if there was a way to mark a preset as global, or when choosing to save, you could have a feature to 'update all presets with same name'

it's not useful for me at all right now because I have 2 setlists one for with amp and one for without but when I change a preset in one if changes the other.  So for the direct to pa presets I remove the fx loop block and add an amp and it removes the FX loop block at the same time in the amp 4cm setlist.  So I've created 22 presets and I can't use them.

yeah I don't think that is normal behavior, and I have not experienced that at all. 

Have you tried backing up your original setlist with the one version of direct presets, and backing up the amp setlist separately and then importing them again, maybe that will disconnect whatever connection is causing that.

Maybe once backed up, I'd take some 'blank' presets and just copy/paste them over the slots that are currently filled, to remove those presets fully.  Then import the backedup ones and see where you stand. 

if they are still 'connected' at that point....maybe reinstalling the latest firmware? then a ticket if still having issues??

I have separate set lists for headphones, studio monitors, and live use. They all contain basically the same bunch of patches, just slightly tweaked for their intended use. Most, if not all of them have been copied and pasted from one set list, out to the other two... patch names remaining the same from one set list to the next, and I've never seen this kind of behavior. Changes definitely don't propagate across different set lists for me...I can't imagine why this would be considered a "feature"... if you can't keep two patches with the same name isolated, it essentially renders the whole concept of set lists pointless. 

18 hours ago, codamedia said:

Bug or Feature? Good question. 

I can see how changing one and having it apply to the other could be a really nice feature within set lists. (eg: reuse the same preset in several places... one change changes them all).

I've never even seen this much... nevermind having changes extended into other set lists. I will quite often copy and paste a patch into the adjacent slot, then tweak one of them, save the changes, then A/B back and forth. It would be impossible to do even that much if the default behavior was to save changes in more than one place. That would drive me (and I suspect a whole lot of others) nuts. There'd be a mutiny,  lol...