Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects: save a single effect as a preset

orest_nke

Hey guys,

I was just wondering (and hoping this wasn't answered already) if it is possible to save a single effect(pedal) as a global preset/instance to be able to quickly recall it in different pedalboard presets.
I am thinking of it as having your favorite physical guitar pedal with very specific settings of the knobs. Or a fx plugin chain in your favorite DAW that you always use.
Maybe it could be reached through your standard effect selection path?

Thanks 

You can't change the default parameters for an FX but you can save your preferred settings for that (and other) FX blocks in a separate preset. For instance, I have saved a few presets in the Templates setlist for this purpose. Each preset is not intended to be a useable preset; rather, it is just a repository for some of my favoriteFX blocks with my preferred default parameter settings. Whenever I want to add the FX block to a new preset I just copy and paste it from the template preset.

I do more or less the same as Silverhead.  In my Templates folder I have several presets that contain just a bunch of effects each, arranged in Overdrives, Modulations, Delays etc, with each effect optimised to my taste.  When I want to add one to another preset I just Cut and Paste.