Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FAILED TO GET IMPULSE NAMES CODE 8207 HX EDIT

velderrain_

Well it looks like your hx effects isnt seeing the computer first off.

Make sure you have a working USB cable and USB jacks. No hubs from what i hear.

It makes perfect sense that its not going to import IRs........because its not "seeing" the computer in this screenshot. Get that one solved first and im betting the IR issue will take care of itself. 

8 hours ago, velderrain_ said:

Cant connect my hx effects on hx edit, it says code 8207  I just recently purshased  this device and I cant use from my pc. 

Hi,

Not much to go on here, but as you say the unit is new there should be no big problem with the HXFX.

First thing I notice is you are running HX Edit, but I cannot tell what version it is? You need to have the same version, or higher, than the firmware installed in the hardware. Further more you need to ensure that no other Line 6 software is running, which may be causing a conflict on the USB. Also, you do not mention if you have already had your computer communicate correctly with the hardware. Line 6 recommend that you do not use a USB hub!

Here are a few reset solutions from the Line 6 help pages that you may want to try.

HX Effects

During the entire boot process, hold down the most suitable combination of foot switches - try option 5 first!

1. Holding FS3 + MODE - Will clear all Presets and IRs
2. Holding FS4+FS5 - Will reset Global Settings
3. Holding FS5+FS6 - Will reset Presets only
4. Holding FS6+TAP - Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)
5. Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in a unrecoverable state.

Line 6 also has a series of videos available for new users to familiarise themselves with certain procedures: find them here:-

Hope this helps, but firstly - check your USB connections and matching firmware versions!

Edited by datacommando

I think every time I've seen someone post about this error, it's a result of using an older version of HX Edit with a newer version of firmware. Both the firmware and HX Edit need to be updated to the latest version, and that's 2.70 for both of them.

• Like 1