Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port - new IPad Pro

This is so frustrating, I got a Sonic Port and an iPad 6th gen to work on my music and now these have stopped working together, I hope this is fixed soon, if not I’ll go back to using analog stuff and screw the digital. I have spent too much money on different digital solutions which stop being supported within a couple of years. I’m hoping Apple doesn’t let me down.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I wish next generation of Sonic port VX will have one USB-C port instead of the micro-USB & a special iOS port. Any way USB-C is the future, if I lose the special iOS cable, it's hard to buy one. But if Sonic port use a USB-C port , it will be no problem then, USB-C cable is easy to buy anywhere. Just see the new audio interface from 2019 onward, many manufacturers have changed their port to USB-C, such as Presonus, Motu & Focusrite. Hope line 6 can follow this trend.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! I have a working solution for my 2017 macbook pro which only has usb C inputs.

Picked this up from target last night, last one in the store. Confirmed today that im using my sonic port vx on a macbook pro 2017 running the most current os (catalina at time of this comment). I was able to plug right in, garageband recognized the interface, started playing right away.

Setup is as follows, both plugged into the macbook:

1. line 6 proprietary cable into the Anker lightning to usb C adapter 

HoD4K2C.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received the Anker cable, and it is not working with my iPad Pro.  This cable costs $30.  I'm really tired of throwing money at this issue.   Why can't Line 6 come up with a solution for this or at least work with Apple to make the Sonic VX work with the Anker cable?  Has anyone gotten the Sonic VX to work on the iPad Pro?  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, shaney903 said:

I just received the Anker cable, and it is not working with my iPad Pro.  This cable costs $30.  I'm really tired of throwing money at this issue.   Why can't Line 6 come up with a solution for this or at least work with Apple to make the Sonic VX work with the Anker cable?  Has anyone gotten the Sonic VX to work on the iPad Pro?  

Just did the same thing! With the same result so I feel you! This is starting to get really annoying and seems like such a simple issue to fix. Come on now line 6 and help your paying users out! 

• Upvote 1

Line 6,

Stand behind your product.  You created the proprietary cable,  instead of going with the standard USB interface, which was obviously a bad decision.  We are now upgrading our systems, and your product is obsolete, because of your cable.  We paid good money for your product, because it was one of the best options out there at the time. It is now useless, and you have not offered any viable solution to us for over a year or more.   I have been with you since the old 30 pin adapter that worked with the proper 30 pin to lightning adapter.  I will gladly buy a new, reasonably priced, cable from you, but you are mistaken if you think that I am going to buy a whole new module from you for my new system.  I cannot believe that you have not made this right for so long, and leave us trying to come up with our own solutions that do not work.  You have a great app and product without a means for your customers to use it.  This makes no sense!

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:20 AM, shaney903 said:

Line 6,

Stand behind your product.  You created the proprietary cable,  instead of going with the standard USB interface, which was obviously a bad decision.  We are now upgrading our systems, and your product is obsolete, because of your cable.  We paid good money for your product, because it was one of the best options out there at the time. It is now useless, and you have not offered any viable solution to us for over a year or more.   I have been with you since the old 30 pin adapter that worked with the proper 30 pin to lightning adapter.  I will gladly buy a new, reasonably priced, cable from you, but you are mistaken if you think that I am going to buy a whole new module from you for my new system.  I cannot believe that you have not made this right for so long, and leave us trying to come up with our own solutions that do not work.  You have a great app and product without a means for your customers to use it.  This makes no sense!

I second this! 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Hello, i'm using old iPad Pro and sonic port VX. Around last year it became clear that my line 6 ios cable is broken. Line 6 don't sell replacements themselves and have only one supplier who sells spares for them who quoted me £60 (they blamed line 6 for the high price). It looks as though many of you are now using USB cable with new ipad? To those of you who no longer use the ios cable, would you be willing to sell it me for a reasonable price? Currently I can only use my sonic port vx with my ipad or iphone if i use external USB powered hub at moment and it's a big pain! Many thanks

• 2 years later...

Hello all!

I wanted to share what has been working for me:

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 4th Gen running iOS 15.7 

I own a Sonic Port VX and for the longest time I was sad that Line 6 clearly had no interest in continuing to support their product or those of us that became eager customers by choosing the Sonic Port VX as a unique solution for our setups.

I decided to try one last adapter before completely abandoning Line6 products and switching to Apogee products. In this last effort, I found a solution, even though I was not optimistic!

I have a Mini USB to USB A cable (making sure that it is not just for charging, but also for data transfer). I also have the proprietary Line6 to lightning port connection (Working great with my iPhone 12 mini + latest iOS update).

The adapter is:

KANEX 

USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter 

(Charge and Sync)

I have been using my Sonic Port VX on my iPad with Auria Pro and on my iPhone with iMaschine 2 with no problems. 

I hope this information helps! 

The Sonic Port VX is the last Line6 product I will ever invest in as I no longer trust the company has any interest in truly supporting the mobile musician community based on their own actions as evidenced in this thread.