Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Electro Harmonix Key 9 emulation

Zigracer

I would like to put together a patch using existing effects inside the Helix that can do what an EH Key 9 does.  I’m specifically looking to get a Fender Rhodes sound.  I figure if the EH pedal can do it, I should be able to put things together and get pretty close with the Helix.  Anyone tried something like this yet?

I'll be interested to see if anyone has any suggestions, but one stumbling block - at this moment Helix doesn't have polyphonic detection.  I emphasized what I did because there are rumors (confirmed?) that L6 has added some team members with experience in that area.  As a user of the "9" series of EHX pedals I'd love to see the capability added - even less stuff to cart around.

But I suppose someone might find a way to do a mono Rhodes-type sound. 

Well Helix may very well have the capability at some point if polyphonic pitch shifting ever gets added, but that has to come first.... as it exists today however, you're not gonna have much luck trying to cobble together any of the existing FX, and get them to do what that pedal does...