Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change Amp Setting With Fs Buttons?

ddufour

The Pod HD can be set to use FS5-8 either to control on/off for FX within a preset, or to switch among presets within the current bank. You cannot use a footswitch to control a parameter value such as drive level/setting; you do that with the exp pedal.

However, you can do what you want by using two presets: one with the drive off/low and another with the drive at your desired increased level.  All other preset settings remain the same.That way you 'can step on the button and increase the drive'.

possibly... i say possibly because you CAN do it... but you have to have the DSP available for both amps.

much more effective to just copy the same tone to the next preset and change the amp/re-save.

but if you want to try and set it up....

you'd basically save the tone with one amp disabled, and then select the same footswitch to enable/disable both amps...

Can you have an "A" amp and a "B" amp and have the FS buttons

switch between amps? That way I could have the same settings only with

the gain turned up on the "B" amp.

In my screenshot below you can see that I have two of the same distortion model. Lets call the top one Low Gain and the bottom one High Gain.

You can see that Low Gain is off, and High Gain is on. 

You can also see that under "Controllers", the model is assigned to FS1. Both the High and Low Gain models are assigned to FS1, which makes FS1 a "Multi" control. With one off and the other on, this will toggle between the two distortion pedals.

When you do this, you'll also get more volume out of the High Gain pedal, so you might want to adjust that in the mixer. 

eAd6ppL.jpg

This is one method.

----------

Ive got another method I used over the weekend.

I set the distortion drive level to be controlled by the expression pedal. This introduced the same problem of increasing the volume more than I wanted to.

So in the first screenshot, you can see that the expression pedal (EXP-1) controls the Drive for the Screamer model. When the pedal is all the way back, the Screamer is set to 15%. When it's all the way up, it's pushing 85%. At 85% the volume is too loud.

5A8bHOE.jpg

So what I wanted to do was reduce the volume at the same time that I increased the drive.

In the screenshot, you can see that the amp's volume level is also being controlled by the expression pedal, EXP-1. 

The difference is that when the pedal is backed all the way off, the volume is higher, and when the pedal is all the way up the amp's volume is lowered. 

This method takes a bit more massaging, since you need to figure out what volume you want to hit at both the bottom and top, then dial it in just right. It works for me, though.

HCxcZIq.jpg

While this doesn't produce a totally smooth transition between gain and volume, there's also no cutout as the pedal switches from one distortion model to the other (15ms?).

Your mileage may vary.

In my screenshot below you can see that I have two of the same distortion model. Lets call the top one Low Gain and the bottom one High Gain.

You can see that Low Gain is off, and High Gain is on. 

You can also see that under "Controllers", the model is assigned to FS1. Both the High and Low Gain models are assigned to FS1, which makes FS1 a "Multi" control. With one off and the other on, this will toggle between the two distortion pedals....

Are you sure about this? My understanding is that when you use two instances of the same FX, these two instances both appear in the Model panel of the Controllers area. You may select only one of the two instances at a time, and assign a specific FS to only one.

Are you sure about this? My understanding is that when you use two instances of the same FX, these two instances both appear in the Model panel of the Controllers area. You may select only one of the two instances at a time, and assign a specific FS to only one.

Worked for me. I could assign both to the same footswitch and toggle between them at will. 

UK2gzmr.png

Threw a little screen recording of it together. I don't have my device connected, but if you like I can do this with audio and the HD500 attached. 

Seems to work fine on my device. 

Right. I was confused. Thanks for clarifying. You can assign the same FS to control multiple FX, which is what this is. I was thinking you were assigning multiple FS to the same instance of an FX, which can't be done.

My apologies. I'm slightly inebriated with some fairly strong sinus medicine so my words may not be as clear as I mean them to be. I'm a bit floaty right now.