Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Expression Pedal Issue

TN338

I bought a Helix LT from Sweetwater less than 1 year ago and I feel like the expression pedal is going to break soon.

Today I had my band practice and the pedal got stuck and I lost sound. It was very embarrassing.

I have a major gig coming up in couple weeks and I am scared of this issue.

Open up a support ticket. Line 6 will send you a new one.

Here is Line 6’s official statement regarding the pedal, for the record:

Line 6 has determined that a very small percentage of the expression pedals in the Helix LT guitar processor have broken during use. Although they have made adjustments to the manufacturing process that will eliminate this issue going forward, if you own a Helix LT and encounter this problem at any time (in the past, now, or in the future) please know that Line 6 has your back! In order to fix the problem as quickly as humanly possible, they have decided to simply replace the entire unit free of charge. Just let them know if you encounter this issue by opening a support ticket at https://line6.com/support/tickets/ and they will take it from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TN338 said:

I bought a Helix LT from Sweetwater less than 1 year ago and I feel like the expression pedal is going to break soon.

Today I had my band practice and the pedal got stuck and I lost sound. It was very embarrassing.

I have a major gig coming up in couple weeks and I am scared of this issue.

In the meantime, if you are worried that it is going to break, why don't you buy an external expression pedal? 

(Assuming you aren't already using your LT with two expression pedals!)

• 8 months later...

I am sitting at a train station reading this. My destination guitargiitar in Central London to test a helix lt. I have no intention or funds to purchase it new. So I am testing and if I like what I hear I will purchase second hand.... At least this was the plan. After reading so many posts about a faulty pedal I would like to know whether I would get any help from line 6 if it went wrong? The pedal I have seen second hand is less than 6 months old according to the advert (if that is to be believed). At what point was the manufacturing process fixed? 

• 2 years later...
On 11/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, phil_m said:

Open up a support ticket. Line 6 will send you a new one.

Here is Line 6’s official statement regarding the pedal, for the record:

Line 6 has determined that a very small percentage of the expression pedals in the Helix LT guitar processor have broken during use. Although they have made adjustments to the manufacturing process that will eliminate this issue going forward, if you own a Helix LT and encounter this problem at any time (in the past, now, or in the future) please know that Line 6 has your back! In order to fix the problem as quickly as humanly possible, they have decided to simply replace the entire unit free of charge. Just let them know if you encounter this issue by opening a support ticket at https://line6.com/support/tickets/ and they will take it from there.

I recently had an issue with my out of warranty Helix LT when the expression pedal broke. After searching for solutions I came across this thread. I contacted Line 6 and quoted your post in my e-mail. They replied within a couple of days with details of my nearest repair centre. I contacted the repair centre, E&M Electronic Services Ltd Milton Keynes and they sent me instructions on how to send it off to them. After a few days I called then to confirm they had received my unit. They confirmed they had and checked the progress of the repair. Imagine my surprise when they advised that  instead of a repair, Line 6 had authorised a new replacement unit to be delivered from Germany. I have just received my new unit today so thanks to Line 6 and E&M for fantastic service and a big thanks to you for this post.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:00 PM, Alanmag79 said:

I recently had an issue with my out of warranty Helix LT when the expression pedal broke. After searching for solutions I came across this thread. I contacted Line 6 and quoted your post in my e-mail. They replied within a couple of days with details of my nearest repair centre. I contacted the repair centre, E&M Electronic Services Ltd Milton Keynes and they sent me instructions on how to send it off to them. After a few days I called then to confirm they had received my unit. They confirmed they had and checked the progress of the repair. Imagine my surprise when they advised that  instead of a repair, Line 6 had authorised a new replacement unit to be delivered from Germany. I have just received my new unit today so thanks to Line 6 and E&M for fantastic service and a big thanks to you for this post.  

Wow now THIS IS costumer service! Well done Line 6!

• Like 1