Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Wah Question

axlaxeman

Hey guys,

Did a search, didn't find anything, posted on facebook and didn't get far, so I'm trying here:

using the low and high frequency cuts, can you make the fasel wah pedal in helix behave like the GCB-95Q and SW-95? I know the last two have a +15dB boost, and I assume you can use a gain block to do the same thing?

if anyone has done this and would care to share settings and also boost before/after pedal?

Yes, I do this, not to mimic a specific wah pedal, but just to get a sound that I like.  

I usually use the Fasel model, low cut down to about 220hz, high cut at 1.9khz.  I'll put an OD in front, which one varies with the gain of the preset I'm using.  Its either a Valve Driver or the Kinky.  I dont remember the Valve settings, but the kinky was usually bright/boost both on, and the drive set to around 5.  This just gave the wah a more resonant, aggressive sound to me.