Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Bean To Ux2 Soundcard?

jmarzjunior

Hi guys so i just got my pod hd bean. I just want to know how to connect it to the ux2? I can see that there are line inputs on the ux2, and i am pretty sure the left/right output from the pod hd should go in on the inputs on the ux2. I tried yesterday with two balanced cables and couldn't make it work in Reaper. Should i use non balanced cables is that the problem? Or is the problem something else. Need help got to make some recordings before a deadline. thanks :)

You can use the UX2 if you want, but you don't need to. You can record directly to Reaper using the HD Bean. Connect the HD to your computer via usb, and configure Reaper to use the Pod HD and its ASIO driver as the audio input/output device. Monitor your sound using the Pod HD outputs (e.g. headphones).

Why would you want to pump your HD through the UX2 when you can just record it direct to Reaper via ASIO?

In any case, the L/R outputs should go to the L/R Line Inputs on the back of the UX2.  Make sure that you have selected the UX2 Line Inputs as your Inputs in the UX2's driver settings.

You can use the UX2 if you want, but you don't need to. You can record directly to Reaper using the HD Bean. Connect the HD to your computer via usb, and configure Reaper to use the Pod HD and its ASIO driver as the audio input/output device. Monitor your sound using the Pod HD outputs (e.g. headphones).

Thanks. But i need it trough the ux2. It will make it easier for me. So i dont have to take my speakers and connect them to the HD every time, i need to record

Why would you want to pump your HD through the UX2 when you can just record it direct to Reaper via ASIO?

In any case, the L/R outputs should go to the L/R Line Inputs on the back of the UX2.  Make sure that you have selected the UX2 Line Inputs as your Inputs in the UX2's driver settings.

I think it will make it easier for me, so i only have to use one soundcard, and so i dont have to take my speakers and connect'em to the pod hd every time i need to use it. This way i really only have to turn the pod hd on and it will work :)  

Do i need balanced or unbalanced cables when i connect it to the ux2?

And here is a picture. can you guide me trough?

Last day i did exactly what you have written i connected the pod hd to the ux2 trough two balanced cables but i couldnt get a sound?  

fay8o2.png

It may make it "easier" but the quality of your recordings may suffer by having to go through an extra unnecessary DA/AD conversion.  If your recordings are important enough to have a "deadline" they should be important enough to make them as high quality as possible.

In any case, if you insist on following this route:

Make sure you are connecting the POD HD into the Line Inputs on the back of the UX2.

Input Source should not be "Instrument"  It should be "Line Stereo" or "Line 1 & 2" (I forget which - Try them both). I believe that is where the problem is.

I don't know about the cables.  I think balanced should be OK, but I'm not sure.  Unbalanced is definitely OK.

On the Reaper ASIO panel change the Input "last" settings to "Send 4"

It may make it...

Ok thanks alot, that clears everything.

But if i use the POD HD direct via usb. Do i have to change the settings in playback devices to the pod hd every time i use it? Or can i just leave the ux2 as default device, and then use the pod hd inside

reaper, as recording device? That way i have the ux2 as soundcard in windows and the pod hd as recording device inside reaper when i have to record. Will that work? Or is it harmful in any way? Thanks alot 

That will work.  No, it's not harmful in any way.

Thanks

not harmful... but you'd need to change where the speakers are plugged, in, or have 2 sets

you can't use one device as the input and the other as the output.

Yes i thought about that with the speakers. But will it be harmful in any way? I will use pod hd only for recording inside reaper and use ux2 as main soundcard. Inside reaper you can choose what you want to use. 

No harm at all, if that's what you want to do. I just don't see much benefit... and i hate having extra speakers or changing them all the time personally...

you could probably get some sort of A/B switch to make it less painful... but it will work.

No harm at all, if that's what you want to do. I just don't see much benefit... and i hate having extra speakers or changing them all the time personally...

you could probably get some sort of A/B switch to make it less painful... but it will work.

Thanks alot. Yes the speaker thing is annoying, but i just got some new headphones so maybe i use'em from time to time. I check into the a/b thing