Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Tuner Access

GMArts

Is there a way  to access the HX Stomp tuner OTHER than the Tap/Tuner foot-switch (or MIDI)?

The manual only refers to the tuner with the Tap/Tuner foot-switch which I intend to reassign, with pedals preventing use of FS4 and FS5.  I won't have MIDI connected, so that's not an option.

14 hours ago, GMArts said:

Is there a way  to access the HX Stomp tuner OTHER than the Tap/Tuner foot-switch (or MIDI)?

The manual only refers to the tuner with the Tap/Tuner foot-switch which I intend to reassign, with pedals preventing use of FS4 and FS5.  I won't have MIDI connected, so that's not an option.

Could you be a little more clear here?  Are you saying that using FS4 and FS5 won't work for your option?  Because you can setup FS4 or FS5 to be the tap tuner, but I wasn't sure if you were saying you knew that but it wouldn't work for you. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, mr_dad_g said:

With 2.7, [ACTION] + [PAGE>] together will start the tuner, useful if you have set switch 3 to stomp instead of tuner/tap.

Hi.

Could this action be assigned to an external pedal via FS4? Like a Boss FS-5U?

All the best from Aslak, Norway.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Higgie said:

Care to share with the class?

The below video is pretty informative. Connect it, and then go into the HX Stomp's global settings and designate that you want FS4 to be FS4, and not an expression pedal, and then designate that FS4 has the tuner function. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, mr_dad_g said:

With 2.7, [ACTION] + [PAGE>] together will start the tuner, useful if you have set switch 3 to stomp instead of tuner/tap.

With HX Edit 2.82 and included HX Stomp Firmware (2.65) this doesn't work anymore. Any other solution to access the tuner in this case?

14 minutes ago, o0j0o said:

With HX Edit 2.82 and included HX Stomp Firmware (2.65) this doesn't work anymore. Any other solution to access the tuner in this case?

The Stomp firmware has to be 2.70 or higher for it to work. You need to update the firmware.

• 10 months later...

K, don't know if this has been answered anywhere else but is there a way to access the tuner with midi? It'd be nice to access this tuner by holding the mute button on my Boss es5 (the same action used to bypass all pedals in the unit. so, perfect I think). TY tons!

On 11/16/2020 at 11:09 PM, lackmotion said:

K, don't know if this has been answered anywhere else but is there a way to access the tuner with midi? It'd be nice to access this tuner by holding the mute button on my Boss es5 (the same action used to bypass all pedals in the unit. so, perfect I think). TY tons!

I have the same question except I want to access the tuner by long-pressing the tap switch I have plugged in as FS5 (currently set to scroll through pages)

On 11/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, lackmotion said:

CC 68 (From page 49 of the HX Stomp manual)

• 5 months later...

Has anyone found a way to do this? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but there should be a way to turn on the tuner and bypass the sound (kill/mute) instantaneously like every other tuner pedal in the world.  Holding down the tap/tuner pedal, although a short amount of time, is too much time.  I know it seems like nitpicking but when I need to kill the sound on my guitar I need to kill it NOW not HOLD the switch until it registers.  It would be SUCH an easy fix and currently I'm forced to use an external tuner just so I can quickly mute my guitar when I'm playing keyboards.  I would buy the Helix Stomp XL today if it had this ability. But everywhere in the manual related to tuner it says you have to HOLD the switch.  I don't have that kind of time.  I also don't want to sacrifice a block to being a volume kill switch.  It would be SO simple if they just gave you the option to have the tuner be a  block and/or give you the option to remove the TAP function from the TAP/TUNER functionality.  So as soon as you hit the assigned button BAM it's silence!

8 minutes ago, Boltan said:

Has anyone found a way to do this? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but there should be a way to turn on the tuner and bypass the sound (kill/mute) instantaneously like every other tuner pedal in the world.  Holding down the tap/tuner pedal, although a short amount of time, is too much time.  I know it seems like nitpicking but when I need to kill the sound on my guitar I need to kill it NOW not HOLD the switch until it registers.  It would be SUCH an easy fix and currently I'm forced to use an external tuner just so I can quickly mute my guitar when I'm playing keyboards.  I would buy the Helix Stomp XL today if it had this ability. But everywhere in the manual related to tuner it says you have to HOLD the switch.  I don't have that kind of time.  I also don't want to sacrifice a block to being a volume kill switch.  It would be SO simple if they just gave you the option to have the tuner be a  block and/or give you the option to remove the TAP function from the TAP/TUNER functionality.  So as soon as you hit the assigned button BAM it's silence!

You can do it with a MIDI controller, but that’s the only way.

I wouldn’t say every guitar processor works like you’re saying, though... Every Line 6 processor has worked the same way in having the the tuner function being accessed by holding the tap switch down, actually.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:26 PM, Boltan said:

I agree, and I really don't get why the TAP functions seems so important.
If only Line 6 could add this feature, i would dis my tuner/mute pedal.

By the way; "that the way it has always been with Line 6" does not seem to me to be the best of reasons to keep it that way.

I don't expect Line 6 to change the default - just give me the opportunity so that I can get rid of my last pedal. Shouldn't take many month to code.

I think the hold and tune is necessary on the Stomp, as it's just 4+1(tap/tune) switch available. Sure, an option to make FS3 just tap or just tune, would be also nice. I wouldnt personally use, as I need Tap, but I see the point.

Id like the option to split tap and tuner in the Rack control, or in the Floor. That would be cool indeed.

Ideascale? :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, phil_m said:

You can do it with a MIDI controller, but that’s the only way.

I wouldn’t say every guitar processor works like you’re saying, though... Every Line 6 processor has worked the same way in having the the tuner function being accessed by holding the tap switch down, actually.

I said every other tuner pedal on the planet works this way.  Type in Tuner Pedal into google and you'll see a list of at least 100 tuner stomp pedals. Every single one when you hit the switch it INSTANTLY mutes.  No holding down.  Holding down to tune is fine in a bedroom scenario, but on stage when it counts you want to mute the guitar and you want to mute it now. Sometimes I need to check a string tune in the middle of a song quick tapping a tuner pedal and instantly muting the guitar and seeing if it is in tune is SO crucial. Holding down and waiting for it to register is just too long in a professional environment. That's why all tuner pedals work that way.  They don't make you wait.  It could be so easy for Line6 to just add an assign function in the command center called "TUNER".