Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the same effect model twice in bypass mode on same footswitch

Barbarisch

I have a question concerning using the same distortion model twice and assigning them both to the same footswitch in bypass mode for both, with one being on while the other is off and vice versa. I have tried to implement this with one overdrive set to have more drive than the other. It doesn't work properly, as it resets the gain on one of them to zero every time. The only way around this was to use snapshots......is this normal behavior for what I attempted to do?

I understand being efficient with DSP and for now I am using snapshot to change the gain on the second pedal but assigning two identical overdrive pedals to the same footswitch with one having different gain and level than the other (one off, one on) and saving the preset resets one of the pedal's gain to 0 every time....so it must be a bug in the software unless I am missing something. i will look at it again today to be sure. Maybe that is something that is just not meant to be done.

18 hours ago, Barbarisch said:

I have a question concerning using the same distortion model twice and assigning them both to the same footswitch in bypass mode for both, with one being on while the other is off and vice versa. I have tried to implement this with one overdrive set to have more drive than the other. It doesn't work properly, as it resets the gain on one of them to zero every time. The only way around this was to use snapshots......is this normal behavior for what I attempted to do?

That is not normal behavior. Something is forcing your gain back to 0 in your setup... you need to identify that and correct it.

Your solution should work fine... although I would just use a snapshot to change the values of the same block myself. To each his own :)