Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR's for the Line 6 Helix

Headcollector619

Hello everyone, 

So I am looking to broaden my uses for the Helix and wish to dive more into the IR's. I recently downloaded the God's pack(?) With a bunch of IR's, however they are not loading into my Helix Editor... I have been told that I may have to use an external Plug-in which will allow me to use these; Is this the case? If so, can someone recommend me the best plug-in for this? 

Also which are the best IR's to be using for a variety of styles e.g. Metal, Rock, Jazz? 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:45 PM, Headcollector619 said:

Hello everyone, 

So I am looking to broaden my uses for the Helix and wish to dive more into the IR's. I recently downloaded the God's pack(?) With a bunch of IR's, however they are not loading into my Helix Editor... I have been told that I may have to use an external Plug-in which will allow me to use these; Is this the case? If so, can someone recommend me the best plug-in for this? 

Also which are the best IR's to be using for a variety of styles e.g. Metal, Rock, Jazz? 

You don't need a plug-in... there's an IR tab in HX Edit, on the left side above where your list of patches is displayed. Just drag and drop your IR's in there... it can store up to 128 att a time. Then select which one you wish to use from the IR block in your signal chain. 

As for the "best IR" for this, that, or the other thing.... that's entirely subjective. They're nothing more than digital captures of a particular cabinet/mic/ mic placement combinations... used in place of the cab and mic sims native to the device. Only way to find out what you like is to try a bunch and see what works.