Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording with HX stomp and garageband for ipad

raybo66

Hi there,

i just purchased a hx stomp and have an issue: I can not record from hx stomp into garageband for ipad. I can see all hx stomp inputs (1,2,...,8 and 1+2, 3+4,..., 7+8) in the garageband input section of an audio track. But there is nothing on the recording. I also tried recording with cubasis and loopy on the same ipad. It works. So, whats different with garageband? Why it doesn‘t work?

cheers

I too have this problem and posted on TGP but no answer. My iPad is relatively new (Generation 5), it’s driving me crazy. Ironically, I can save the project in iCloud, open the same GB IOS file up on my iPhone 8 with identical settings and it works? iPad, no input signal, iPhone full signal. If I use another interface on the ipad (apogee one), it works. I’m interested in any fix! It has to be a GB on IOS issue with HX Stomp.

Thanks for the answer bebause now I know I‘m not the only one having this problem. And of course I immediately tried the „iphone trick“, aaaand: it didnt work. Made a short test with loopy. Everything ok, no problem. 

But: I have an iphone 6. 

You say GB on iphone 8 works with the hx, right?

So, maybe it‘s the processor because what do the ipad 2017 and the iphone 6 have in common compaired to the iphone 8? An older processor. Or maybe it‘s the ios version which makes the difference. 

I hope we will find the solution because I love GB very much and I dont like the hx stomp at the moment as GB for ios is my favourite tool to record (because it‘s so incedibly easy to handle). 

Cheers

Your description brought to the point to check if the audio resolution is the problem (song preferences in GB). But it makes no difference if I choose 24bit or not.

What‘s working is recording via the AUM mixer app. There I created a connection from the hx stomp inputs 1+2 to „IAA/AB OUTPUT 1“

Then I choose in the GB audio track interapp audio and there „AUM output 1“ as an input. It works fine. And it‘s in stereo (even both apps call it „output 1“).

Hmmmm, maybe this is not the perfect solution but I can live with that so far. The CPU load is still quite low (2%). 

FF888A56-6F06-47DA-BF51-F851CB7D821F.png

5DC08889-E782-4629-A3CE-11A50DD4A84A.png

An update that is kind of bad news and hoping I at least get some feedback from Line 6 which I will share if I do. I really have grown to love the HX however for my use, this is a big miss. Line 6 advertises this as an interface specifically to work with the iPad but that’s not really accurate unfortunately. I suspect anyone who uses an iPad would say GarageBand IOS is the standard Daw for it (although there are plenty of 3rd party ones that seem to work). As a heavy Mac user, I really need to use GB as it allows cloud storage and I can just open from my MacBook Pro and keep working on the file, really that’s my main workflow. For a lot of reasons other than the HX I bought the brand new iPad Pro yesterday ( also greatly hoping it would work with GB on iOS). Long story short, exact same issue and the HX will not record although it is recognized. As previously mentioned, exact same settings work on an iPhone 8 so really puzzling.

i can use the iPad and GB fine with my Apogee interfaces so this has to be fixable and appears to be an HX Stomp issue with GarageBand on iPad plain and simple. I opened a ticket with Line 6 and will update if I hear anything but cmon, either fix this L6 or stop misleading people by promoting it as a device that works with iPads because it doesn’t work with iPads native daw.

Wow, this is really a bad news. I didn‘t expect that even GB on the new ipad pro can‘t record from the hx stomp. I also opened a ticket at Line 6 but still got no answer. I hope we will get our answers soon. In the worst case both companies (Apple and Line 6) come to the conclusion that their products work in 90 % of all cases fine together. It‘s „just“ the combination hx stomp and GB for ios which is not working. 

• 4 years later...
On 12/8/2018 at 11:50 AM, raybo66 said:

This is again a big surprise. I still didn‘t get any answer from Line6. Please report if swapping the device brings the solution. 

5 yrs later and im now in the same situation with M2 iPadPro, HXS FW3.50

has there been any solution to this?