Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource L2t With Pod Hd300

Any suggestions on the best way to connect a POD HD300 to the StageSource L2t?  I tried using the L6 link from the POD to the L2t but didn't get a peep out of it - does that mean they won't talk to each other that way?

Unless I'm doing it wrong I guess that means either the XLR or line out from the POD to the L2t?

Thanks for that.

I'd never heard of those cables so I looked them up.  It seems that using a standard mic (XLR) cable instead can introduce some degradation of the signal due to impedance issues.  However, I'm not getting anything at all, degraded or otherwise.  That made me wonder if the L6 link on the HD300 wasn't compatible with the L2t.  The instruction examples with the L2t only mention plugging in an HD500X vial the L6 link, not the other L6 link enabled PODs.  Are they different in some way?

Thanks.  Is there something I need to turn on in the POD HD300 to make it send a signal via the L6 link to the L2t?  Like I said, I get a signal if I go standard XLR out to XLR in, or line out to line in, but nothing at all when going L6 link to L6 link.

I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing - there is no special setting on either the HD300 or the L2t to enable the L6 LINK connection. If you have tested/proved that your XLR cable works, and have never used the L6 LINK on either device before, I suspect there may be a hardware failure in one of your L6 LINK jacks/devices.

I don't know if it's possible for you to test that theory with the equipment you have. If you are near a Line 6 dealer you might take your HD300 and XLR cable to the dealer, and request that you be able to access both an HD300 and an L2t in stock there. Test that the in-stock equipment works, then substitute the in-stock HD300 with your own. If that works, the problem is your L2t. If it doesn't work the problem is your HD300.

You can try a standard XLR mic cable. It might work but it's not as reliable and not recommended. You might suffer a quality degradation or loss of control data. The standard XLR cable is designed for analog data traffic. The ABS/EBU cable is designed for digital data traffic, which is (at least in part if not entirely) what the L6 LINK protocol carries.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered an L2T from Sweetwater - not delivered yet. I guess I won't be using my mic cables. Maybe it comes with the cable. Looks like Line 6 sells a 20' for $60. I found a 20' AES/EBU Hosa cable at fullcompass.com for $13.

There is absolutely no reason not to use a standard XLR if that is what you have just because its "digital".  A digital signal is just 1's and 0's, no amplitude, no audio, doesn't need anything exotic.  If it is an unbroken connection, the data travels and it always travels completely or not at all.  There is no partial or degraded signal like an audio signal.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with getting the specified cables if you can.  Check out the link below for your cable needs.  These guys are the absolute best I have found anywhere and their prices are competetive with anyone.  They wil build pretty much anything you need to your specs.

http://best-tronics.com/guitar-cable/AES-EBU.aspx

They make Variax cables too.

http://best-tronics.com/guitar-cable/ethercon/variax.aspx

• Upvote 2