Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to send a midi PC command to midi out via FS4/FS5

Hhuent

Hello,

I am new to this forum and bought a HX Stomp to accommodate my AX8 or simply have a tiny wonderbox that fits in my guitarcase, including guitar that is ;–)

I hooked a Lehle Mini footswitch up to use it as FS4. Can’t find a solution to send a midi PC command from the footswitch to midi out of the stomp. Don’t tell me the stomp is limited to 3 PC messages that can only be sent by its own FS 1-3. I can switch a block on and off with the ext. FS, but can’t trigger that midi PC. I hoped for a better midi out implementation, but still love this little thingy...

The Stomp doesn’t have the Command Center like other Helix products do, so it’s very limited as far as sending MIDI commands. The only thing it can do is send PCs when changing presets and send MIDI clock. There’s no way to assign MIDI commands to footswitches in Stomp Mode (or any mode, for that matter).

• Sad 1

Yep, this is true. I am in preset mode and I hoped FS4/5 have the same capabilities as FS 1-3 sending PC messages. Wouldn’t that be logical? It seems I will have to use a very small midi switcher  (Desaster area) and send it’s midi via the HX Stomp midi in to midi through/out. I need 5 midi pc messages to run my looper app on my iPad (grouptheloop).