Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the HX Stomp have an input meter to set the input level right?

Hhuent

There is no input gain adjustment on HX Stomp, and no pad switch as on Helix. However, the HX Stomp input is designed to take a pretty wide range of guitar outputs without clipping. If you have a guitar with really hot active pickups, this might be a problem. But its likely a typical double-coil pickup with typical output specs isn't going to need a pad on HX Stomp. 

• 2 years later...
On 11/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, amsdenj said:

There is no input gain adjustment on HX Stomp, and no pad switch as on Helix. However, the HX Stomp input is designed to take a pretty wide range of guitar outputs without clipping. If you have a guitar with really hot active pickups, this might be a problem. But its likely a typical double-coil pickup with typical output specs isn't going to need a pad on HX Stomp. 

Do you have any information on this? 

If I record a loop into my HX STOMP while  simultaneously recording into my DAW through bus 5. 

If I spent time creating a preset in HX EDIT while listening to my looper... then save the preset.

Then launch HX NATIVE and import the preset I just made in HX EDIT. Will the results be the same? Meaning will the two presets be processed the same.? 
I am trying to figure this out along with some others on the forum.

If you use HX Stomp with a preset containing no blocks as your audio I/O device into Helix Native, then the input/output meters in Helix Native should closely represent the actual input and output to HX Stomp. So if your guitar is pushing HX Stomp too hard, you should see high input levels into Helix Native.

Then any patch you create using Helix Native should work the same in HX Stomp. That is, if the input into Helix Native isn't clipping, and after going through all your blocks, the output in Helix Native isn't clipping, then you shouldn't get any clipping with the same patch loaded into HX Stomp.