Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blackstar amp model

wrigha2c

Depending on how this post goes, I will post again in ideascale, but Im going to run it by you guys first. Im new to the modeling world, and Im not sure what expectations are realistic.  Im a new owner of the helix, and Im liking what Im hearing. Loving the mesa, marshall, vox, and fender tones, but there is another amp I would like to have a model of-- a Blackstar model WITH the ISF knob. I have been playing through it for about 4 years and think it is an aaaamazing amp. I found my tones on it, and I loved the ISF knob. Ive thought of other ways to get the blackstar sounds- 4cm with my amp (but I bought the helix for simplicity, and there are a lot of stairs to walk up and down carrying that amp),  blackstar pedal (that has the ISF knob) in the effects loop of the helix, buy an IR or a patch someone created (but that doesnt have the ISF capability Im looking for), or maybe a patch with 2 signal paths- one mesa and one marshall (but again, not the same as having a single knob, and changing relative volumes isnt the same as changing characteristics), but it would be awesome if line 6 just modeled the amp to be included in a future firmware update. Is this a realistic expectation? Cant wait to assign that ISF knob to the expression pedal :D

• 2 months later...

I'm with you.  I'm a huge Blackstar junkie as I love my Series One because of it's flexibility with ISF and DPR.  I'm renting an HX stomp for a week and am loving it, but I haven't found anything to truly nail my Blackstar's tone yet.  Marshalls come close and sound really good as their thing, but I'm still struggling to lock down my Blackstar's tone.

• 1 year later...