Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

One Effect Switched On/off By Two Switches (eg. Fs1 + Fs4)

Germany1

Hi.

I would like to realize that I can switch on or off an effect, for example delay, by two switches, for example FS1 and FS2.

So if I press FS1 the effect works, if I press it again it doesn't work. And if I press FS2 it also works and if I press FS2 again it stopps working.

Is that possible and if so how can I do this?

Well.

For example:

With FS1 I switch on Delay and a higher Volume.

With FS2 I only switch on Delay.

If  can't assign Delay to FS1 AND FS2, I have to use two separate Delay FX.

And the Pod HD500 has a very limited offer for usabable FX positions!

That's my problem.

An alternative is to use FS Mode ABCD, where FS5 through FS8 control preset/patch switching rather than FX switching. Then set up two different presets with exactly the FX settings you want, and use FS5 to switch the presets as desired. That would achieve your goal of using just one stomp to switch between your desired FX settings.

...the Pod HD500 has a very limited offer for usabable FX positions! 

That's my problem.

There are 8 effects slots that can be run in almost any configuration, so you should be able to use two similar delays without much DSP load to do what you are trying to do.  Try Silverhead's suggestion and see if that makes more sense for your workflow.

Well I already know silverhead's suggestion.

But it has a big disadvantage:

during changing the presets, there is no sound for a short moment!

For example changing the sound at the beginning of a solo by just

adding delay is no problem with my way, by using FS1 - FS4 as a switch on/off FX.

Using silverhead's way leads to a short break at the beginning of the solo!

I like the Pod, but there are a lot of disadvantages or missing features in practical life

with it.

• Upvote 1

What about assigning the delay to the expression pedal toe switch?

You can then assign the volume pedal on/off to FS4, and let the expression pedal control the volume. 

Push it all the way and you get volume max + delay on. 

If you want only delay but not volume change, tap FS4 off, then your toe switch is delay.

Effectively you're controlling the volume with the exp control and the footswitch, and the delay on/off with the exp switch. Technically two buttons, but it might be functional to what Germany is looking for

I had the same need, I wanted to have a tube drive and a delay assigned to the same FS but also be able to switch the drive alone from another FS.
I ended up using two different slots for tube drive, one gets switched independently, and the other is paired with a delay. If I feel naughty I can use both :-P

• Upvote 1