Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix EDIT Error code -8300 or Error code -8103

Singletone

I have recieved the following error codes;

1. When I 'Restore From Backup' [File>Restore From Backup] I get "Error occurred during the restore: Unknown, (code -8103) Do you want to retry?" This happens during Presets after it gets through Global Settings>Impulse Resonses>Presets>FACTORY 1>FACTORY 2...then error.

2. Or when I try 'SETLISTS - IMPORT' I select my user setlist and I get "Failed to import setlist (Unkown. |code-8300|)" immediately. 

I have 2 full backup files and a setlist backup and all have the same results, 8103 for the full backups and 8300 for setlist backup. Too bad I did not save the individual presets, I may have been able to at least recover a most of them. To me it looks like it is failing to decompress the files. Has anyone ever had this, is there a fix or am I just SOL?

Error8300.png

Error8103.png

Update:

After all the effort and a Support Ticket, the response was bad news for 'My Favorites' setlist (corrupted). I did make copies and hacked around tring to recover the raw files in notepad. Only once it loaded without error codes but no preset replacements... My advice is to make sure if you have some favorite presets do not depend on a Setlist Export or Create Backup to save them. They (.hxb & .hls) are compressed files. Do it uncompressed in a preset file (.hlx). At least in the hlx file you can see what stuff was when you open them with wordpad or notpad and pick out primary data if something goes wrong. In the long run I think I have built a better main rig and have had a bit of fun doing it.

Thanks Phil and Will

Singletone out to make some tones

Edited by Singletone
Status update

Make sure you’re running the latest version of HX Edit. Go to Help>About to see what version it is. 2.70 is the latest version. You have to update both HX Edit and the firmware on the Helix when doing a firmware update.

Yes they are both the newest version. After you sent your advice Phil_M I tried redownloading and reinstalling EDIT and I still got the fails trying import and backup restore. All except 2 setlists will import. Both of the setlists are in 3 different backups and all 3 will not load. I think the corruption may have happened on all 3 exports/saves. I do think it is odd that in both file compression types, hsb and hlx, the same thing happend on all 3 occations to the 2 setlists. One of the things that stinks the most is one of the setlists was 'My Favorites' which is a loss of a ton of time.

• 2 months later...

I was receiving errors 8312 and 8103 when trying to download a new patch.  Also, my IR's were not showing up when I clicked the "impulse" list.  When attempting a backup, I received error 8212.  My OS is Windows 10, and I was on edit version 2.60.  I updated to 2.71 and the problem was still there.  What solved it for me was downloading and installing edit version 2.71 AGAIN.  Once I did, everything worked!  

• 7 months later...

Has anyone found a fix for this error yet ?

I'm getting "line 6 Helix HX Backup Error occurred during the backup: Unexpected or bad data type in preset. (code -8606)"

All apps & firmware at latest versions.

This issue is turning me against Line 6. I cannot save my setlist & by pressing a button on the device sometimes clears my setlist.

Infuriating :-(

8 hours ago, cfarrar1 said:

Has anyone found a fix for this error yet ?

I'm getting "line 6 Helix HX Backup Error occurred during the backup: Unexpected or bad data type in preset. (code -8606)"

All apps & firmware at latest versions.

This issue is turning me against Line 6. I cannot save my setlist & by pressing a button on the device sometimes clears my setlist.

Infuriating :-(

It doesn't appear this issue is getting any traction in the forums.  Maybe it's time to try out Line 6's legendary customer support....and I'm not being sarcastic.  Their phone based tech support is awesome.  

• Like 1