Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Valve 212 Mark II Power Issue

Steveg5328

My amplifier has been randomly shutting down and then powering back up while playing. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it does it. Usually after having it on for at least 30 minutes. I'm only running the master at about 25% so I wouldn't think it would overheat? Plus it turns itself back on after a couple seconds. Also does it without Shortboard connected. Bummer because I love the sound of this amp. Help!

- 24 months for light use bedroom rock stars.

- 18 to 20 months for weekend warrior gigging.

- 12 months for serious touring musicians.

You also have to add the time the tubes were in there before you got the amp.

The specified tubes should always, always be used in our vacuum tube (valve) amps,

as these have a digital and analog sections in them, and they need to talk to one another

nicely, or bad things occur. See my posting here on the Forum about this,...

These are not the same kinds of tubes amps we used and worked on back in the 1960's

(or in my case, the early to mid 1970's). Have to treat these a bit differently.

The fact that this occurs after 30-minutes, points to the tubes. It's time. It should be taken to

a Line 6 authorized service tech for it's 50,000 mile check-up, tube swap and a proper power tube bias.

The sooner, the better, as continued use in this way can affect the output transformer, load matching resistors and fuses.

This product is 11-years old and is time for a check-up. It should be taken to a Line 6 authorized service tech.