Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Coping Line 6 DL4 Sounds in Helix

IMMikeMurphy

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

The Auto Volume Echo is in the Legacy folder under the delay menu in the Helix. It’s the same thing as the Auto Volume Echo on the DL4.

OP: you still won't have a Tweak or Tweez...

Tweak and Tweez on the original DL4 were parameters that varied from model to model.

For the "Auto Volume Echo" they are as follows from the manual... so adjust your settings accordingly.

"TWEAK sets modulation depth. TWEEZ sets ramp time for the auto-volume swell."

24 minutes ago, codamedia said:

OP: you still won't have a Tweak or Tweez...

Tweak and Tweez on the original DL4 were parameters that varied from model to model.

For the "Auto Volume Echo" they are as follows from the manual... so adjust your settings accordingly.

"TWEAK sets modulation depth. TWEEZ sets ramp time for the auto-volume swell."

Yes, and I should mention that the mix parameter is different in the Helix. Having the mix knob at 7.8 on the DL4 (which, I have to say, you're pretty good if you can translate a position on a rotary knob down to a tenth :-) ) would be equivalent to having the mix at 39 or so on the Helix. The mix knob on the DL4 goes from 100% dry to 100% wet, sort of like the reverb knob on an amp. The mix knob on the Helix controls the balance between the wet and dry signals, with 50 being 100% wet and 100% dry. The Auto Volume Echo is one of the rare delay effects that actually affects the dry signal, so I'm not exactly sure if the mix is scaled in a linear way between the DL4 and Helix versions.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 3:15 PM, IMMikeMurphy said:

So a guy at our church gets a great auto volume swell sound with his DL4
I grabbed a snap shot of it and it appears to be a setting called "Auto Volume Echo"
Any idea how to replicate it in the Helix?

Delay time = 6
Repeats = 6.5
Tweak = 4
Tweez = 1.5
Mix = 7.8

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4f3d79318bd3844d

as others have said, Auto Volume Echo is in the legacy folder. However, I maintain that the algorithm isn't the same as the older models. Hopefully with some tweaking you can dial in something that works for you.