Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Warranty (Stolen)

JBeltranGuitar

A few days ago somebody smashed out my window out in AZ and stole all of my gear from my trunk. Now, being that I’m 17, I rely heavily on modeling products to cut down on costs, but I still won’t have the funds for years to replace any of the equipment that was stolen. 

The idiot was able to get away with my Helix, Powercab 112 Plus, JTV-89F, and a few other miscellaneous items, but I was wondering if there’s some warranty that can cover products that were bought not directly from Line 6? They were all bought used and from pawnshops.

Also is there some form of security meaure that prevents the Helix from connecting to another Line 6 account or some form of lock out precaution?

I ended up creating a GoFundMe in the meantime to help fund the replacement items, but so far no one wants to donate or share the link since I’m not a 5 year old cancer patient. I’ll include the link just in case of some miracle happens from the guitar world.

Thanks in Advanced, JB

Edited by Line6Tony
Advertising not allowed

Without registration, they will not be able to connect to Line 6 apps or updates.

Without receipts, there will be problems registering a stolen item. 

Not being registered also makes it hard for Line 6 to follow any trails. 

Bought from a pawn shop, there should be a receipt. Having that would be a great help. 

Find whatever receipts there are, then log a Support ticket in your account. 

14 hours ago, JBeltranGuitar said:

A few days ago somebody smashed out my window out in AZ and stole all of my gear from my trunk.

From the trunk? That sounds like an inside job, or a stroke of luck for a thief who got a lot more than they were expecting. IME... thieves usually break in when they can see something of value to them. They don't usually smash a window to get into a vehicle that has nothing to grab.  (saying that... loose change on the console could be enough to some)

Insurance varies from plan to plan, state to state, country to country, etc... but where I live, I would have limited coverage for something like that. I might not get everything replaced, but I would likely get one major piece replaced. Check with the vehicle insurance company. 

Was the vehicle parked at home? Again, plans vary, but my home insurance will help cover items lost in a vehicle if it happens in my yard... to a limit! As soon as I drive my vehicle off my property, they won't cover it.

Sorry to hear about this... I've lost a few items in my day, but nothing to this value. 

However... you should take your "go fund me" link off your post. It's OK to say you started one, but direct solicitation will make people wary of your intentions. 

If you have insurance on your car there might be something there you can do. Otherwise report it with serials to the cops and hopefully if it turns up at any OTHER pawn shops/music stores you can get it back. Definitely sounds like someone knew what you had in your trunk, though. Unless you were loading out after a show or something.

I presume there is a police report?

Craigslist and pawn shops.  Watch them like a hawk and in a large radius.  Here in NorCal, an item stolen in Sonoma can end up on CL anywhere from here through Southern California, over in the Reno/Tahoe area (bicycles), Sacramento through Bakersfield (jewelry, higher end goods), etc.  The reverse holds true as well.  A snowboard stolen in Reno/Tahoe ends up here on CL.

Hopefully you have your serial numbers from your gear, because that s**t in yours even five to ten years from now.

22 hours ago, JBeltranGuitar said:

I ended up creating a GoFundMe in the meantime to help fund the replacement items, but so far no one wants to donate or share the link since I’m not a 5 year old cancer patient.

I know you're young and as such probably convinced of your own self-importance, but a statement like this really isn't going to get you very far!

Having your gear stolen is undoubtedly lousy, but having cancer, at any age, is orders of magnitude worse and that's especially true when you're a kid.

To show that I'm not a sanctimonious douchebag, I've donated $30 to your GoFundMe, but please, just try to exercise a little common sense and humility in future - it will pay dividends in the long run! ;)

• Like 1

People suck. Thus, gear should never be left in car trunks for any length of time. Anywhere. Ever. I know several guys who've lost stuff this way... one from his own driveway. Yeah, it's 4 am, you just played 3 sets,  packed up and drove home, and you're tired. Bite the bullet, and bring all your $hit inside anyway... takes 5 extra minutes, saves thousands of dollars, and spares you both an ulcer, and having yet another reason to hate your fellow man. ;)

18 minutes ago, JeremiahEdward said:

A GoFundMe.... for stolen music gear? Anonymous begging does not sit well with me.

The fact that the op has only had one post and has not returned to take part in the discussion on solutions that may help him leaves me feeling more and more cynical.

37 minutes ago, codamedia said:

The fact that the op has only had one post and has not returned to take part in the discussion on solutions that may help him leaves me feeling more and more cynical.

Generally I'd be inclined to agree... but since it's Christmas time, I'll be charitable and give him the benefit of the doubt. If he really is 17, that explains most of it. If I remember correctly, my approach to most things at that age was not exactly what you'd call "well thought-out", lol.... and if I had all my gear ripped off back then, I would not have had the wherewithal to replace much of it either. I'd have been pretty desperate too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soundog said:

Can I have some money too? Being that I'm only 15 and just need a little more to buy a bus ticket to get home.

Sure thing! I’m a Nigerian prince and I have $25, 000,000 I need to move out of my country. I can transfer it to you for safe keeping for a few days and let you have the interest from it. I just need you to give me your bank details. Yeah, right! He he he.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:21 PM, phil_m said:

That really sucks to hear. If your stuff was registered, Line 6 could maybe help you out in the case that someone else tried to register it, but there's no lockout or anything like that...

Yeah I kind of figured that, thank you though. I’m still funding pretty well rn. A lot of my friends and even teachers have been pitching into me at school. -JB

On 11/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, psarkissian said:

Without registration, they will not be able to connect to Line 6 apps or updates.

Without receipts, there will be problems registering a stolen item. 

Not being registered also makes it hard for Line 6 to follow any trails. 

Bought from a pawn shop, there should be a receipt. Having that would be a great help. 

Find whatever receipts there are, then log a Support ticket in your account. 

I’ve been buying from Pawn Shops with my father since I was 12 and I’ve never once came into contact with one that I’ve bought from that allows coverage or returns. Most of them have a policy where once you buy, you’re stuck with it.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:02 PM, psarkissian said:

The "GoFundMe" link part of that, it may be considered soliciting,... 

It may not be allowed here. You may want to review the Terms of Use here,... 

https://line6.com/termsofuse.html 

… and/or consult the Admin about that. 

I understand where you’re coming from, but I included it to provide proof that this actually happened, and just in case any of you wanted to fund me. So far I’ve raised a few hundred just from my town, but only $30 on GoFundMe thanks to an awesome user on here.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, codamedia said:

From the trunk? That sounds like an inside job, or a stroke of luck for a thief who got a lot more than they were expecting. IME... thieves usually break in when they can see something of value to them. They don't usually smash a window to get into a vehicle that has nothing to grab.  (saying that... loose change on the console could be enough to some)

Insurance varies from plan to plan, state to state, country to country, etc... but where I live, I would have limited coverage for something like that. I might not get everything replaced, but I would likely get one major piece replaced. Check with the vehicle insurance company. 

Was the vehicle parked at home? Again, plans vary, but my home insurance will help cover items lost in a vehicle if it happens in my yard... to a limit! As soon as I drive my vehicle off my property, they won't cover it.

Sorry to hear about this... I've lost a few items in my day, but nothing to this value. 

However... you should take your "go fund me" link off your post. It's OK to say you started one, but direct solicitation will make people wary of your intentions. 

Im only 17 so I don’t have the best car, its my dad old 2016 Hyundai hatchback with a window to the trunk. I highly doubt it was an inside job, but I had it parked in a parking lot for literally less than 2 hours at my moms house which isn’t the best neighborhood, but not to that extreme. Yeah I understand the solicting part lol thank you though. Idk about your car but in every car i’ve been in theres always a central lock on both driver and passenger doors that control all the locks and most trunks are unlocked once all locks are unlocked liked mine. Plus I didnt have full coverage because its $207 a month so I dont have stolen items covered

On 11/30/2018 at 8:43 AM, soundog said:

FYI, there have been a rash of bogus GoFundMe accounts in these days of spoofs scams and pfishes. Not saying this one isn't bona fide, but here's some interesting info on how to help determine: 

Im kinda insulted that you went out your way to say theres a lot of bogus gofundme scams but then say mine wasnt bogus. Thats a little odd that you included a video too but you pick and choose your battles and this isnt one im going to pick bc you have a right to post lol. -JB

On 11/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, gunpointmetal said:

If you have insurance on your car there might be something there you can do. Otherwise report it with serials to the cops and hopefully if it turns up at any OTHER pawn shops/music stores you can get it back. Definitely sounds like someone knew what you had in your trunk, though. Unless you were loading out after a show or something.

Check my other reply for a similar response. Thanks -JB

On 11/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, PiFromBRC said:

I presume there is a police report?

Craigslist and pawn shops.  Watch them like a hawk and in a large radius.  Here in NorCal, an item stolen in Sonoma can end up on CL anywhere from here through Southern California, over in the Reno/Tahoe area (bicycles), Sacramento through Bakersfield (jewelry, higher end goods), etc.  The reverse holds true as well.  A snowboard stolen in Reno/Tahoe ends up here on CL.

Hopefully you have your serial numbers from your gear, because that s**t in yours even five to ten years from now.

There is! Luckily I filed one and gave them descriptions of my items such as stickers and dents. Thanks! JB

22 hours ago, foxmeister said:

I know you're young and as such probably convinced of your own self-importance, but a statement like this really isn't going to get you very far!

Having your gear stolen is undoubtedly lousy, but having cancer, at any age, is orders of magnitude worse and that's especially true when you're a kid.

To show that I'm not a sanctimonious douchebag, I've donated $30 to your GoFundMe, but please, just try to exercise a little common sense and humility in future - it will pay dividends in the long run! ;)

I’m sorry for my comment, I was pretty upset with this situation and was dealing with stress from school bc the semester ends in a few weeks. Thank you for your dontation and I just wanted to let you know your $30 was able to bring me to a total of $480 raised from my community! Thank you so much and I apologize 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

People suck. Thus, gear should never be left in car trunks for any length of time. Anywhere. Ever. I know several guys who've lost stuff this way... one from his own driveway. Yeah, it's 4 am, you just played 3 sets,  packed up and drove home, and you're tired. Bite the bullet, and bring all your $hit inside anyway... takes 5 extra minutes, saves thousands of dollars, and spares you both an ulcer, and having yet another reason to hate your fellow man. ;)

Yeah thanks for the advice and not being a prick or trying to indicate im lying. -JB :)

4 hours ago, JeremiahEdward said:

A GoFundMe.... for stolen music gear? Anonymous begging does not sit well with me.

You literally took my link out of multiple paragraphs to try to make it seem like I was soliciting. Don’t you have something better to do then mess with teenagers? Guess not! Answer my warranty question or hit the road and the gofundme link was only put there for proof and iust in case someone wanted to dontated but Im not worried because I have friends, teachers, and family that love me who donated $480 in 3 days to help me. -JB 

4 hours ago, codamedia said:

The “OP” is a 17 year old. 17 year olds have school for 8 hours monday through friday. A 17 year old posted this at 11PM at night and then crashed because the 17 year old had to go to school the next day. Next time take into consideration that not everybody sits on their butt all day replying to threads! You literally could’ve just asked for my link to my music plaforms or just asked for proof. Geez people are so quick to turn a situation so negative. I’ll make sure to reply faster just for a speical snowflake like you. -JB Best Wishes

4 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Generally I'd be inclined to agree... but since it's Christmas time, I'll be charitable and give him the benefit of the doubt. If he really is 17, that explains most of it. If I remember correctly, my approach to most things at that age was not exactly what you'd call "well thought-out", lol.... and if I had all my gear ripped off back then, I would not have had the wherewithal to replace much of it either. I'd have been pretty desperate too...

Haha thanks for trying to back me up and claim this is teenage stupidity, but this actually happened and if you want proof that I actually owned these products or that I actually am a 17 year old musician, ask for my links to my music. Otherwise I won’t “solict” them. You no where near the level of prickness that some were to just automatically say this is a scam instead of simply visitng my link and seeing this was real. I wrote multiple paragraphs on the issue I had and inlcuded literally one link and most took it out of context. Thanks. -JB

On 12/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, datacommando said:

Sure thing! I’m a Nigerian prince and I have $25, 000,000 I need to move out of my country. I can transfer it to you for safe keeping for a few days and let you have the interest from it. I just need you to give me your bank details. Yeah, right! He he he.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, soundog said:

Can I have some money too? Being that I'm only 15 and just need a little more to buy a bus ticket to get home.

gofundme/poor_15_year_old_needs_new_stratocaster.

Haha I just love it when grown men joke about 17 year olds who had their items stolen! Dont you have something better to do like go to work or take care of your family? Guess not! 

Edited by Line6Tony
Advertising not allowed; vulgarity

39 minutes ago, JBeltranGuitar said:

I’m sorry for my comment, I was pretty upset with this situation and was dealing with stress from school bc the semester ends in a few weeks. Thank you for your dontation and I just wanted to let you know your $30 was able to bring me to a total of $480 raised from my community! Thank you so much and I apologize 

No need to apologize - humility is something that comes with age so I'm truly not judging you!

I only brought it up because it is something that could ultimately hinder your efforts to get donations.

Good luck with replacing your lost kit! 

1 hour ago, JBeltranGuitar said:

Haha thanks for trying to back me up and claim this is teenage stupidity, but this actually happened and if you want proof that I actually owned these products or that I actually am a 17 year old musician, ask for my links to my music. Otherwise I won’t “solict” them. You no where near the level of prickness that some were to just automatically say this is a scam instead of simply visitng my link and seeing this was real. I wrote multiple paragraphs on the issue I had and inlcuded literally one link and most took it out of context. Thanks. -JB

I never said anything about "stupidity". What I meant by "not well thought out" was that you seem to be surprised by some of the reactions you've gotten. But honestly, it's to be expected...Showing up on an internet forum completely out of the blue, to ask for money from a bunch of complete strangers, will always look suspicious, and be greeted with skepticism for a good reason (especially if your audience is a bunch of cranky old guys ;) ): The world is full of scam artists. But I believe you, and I was not trying to insinuate that you're stupid, or a liar... so I'm sorry if it came across that way. It's just that your approach is a little off-putting, and more or less guaranteed to generate negative responses... that's all I meant, especially if anybody reading it has been scammed themselves. But you live and learn. 

Having stuff ripped off sucks, and I'd like to think that there's a special place in Hell for guitar thieves. ;) I hope you can get everything replaced. Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBeltranGuitar said:

Im only 17 so I don’t have the best car, its my dad old 2016 Hyundai hatchback with a window to the trunk. I highly doubt it was an inside job, but I had it parked in a parking lot for literally less than 2 hours at my moms house which isn’t the best neighborhood, but not to that extreme. Yeah I understand the solicting part lol thank you though.

You have learned a very valuable and difficult lesson... when something is visible, thieves will take it. I'm sorry this happened to you.

... and thanks for understanding that the go fund me link could be taken the wrong way.... I see that you did take it down.

I’ll make sure to reply faster just for a speical snowflake like you. -JB

Is name calling necessary? I came onto this thread to lend some advice to your plea.... then after 36 hours from your initial post I merely said I was "cynical".... I never called you out! 

I understand where you’re coming from, but I included it to provide proof that this actually happened, and just in case any of you wanted to fund me. 

Just in case you might not be aware, Go Fund Me is not proof that anything happened :)

I do wish you the best of luck... 

Register the Variax at www.theguitarvaults.com and mark it stolen.

I had a guitar stolen from me in Sweden a couple of years ago.

I registered it there and it actually came back to me about a year later.

It surfaced at a pawn shop.

To be fair, I was the first ever to get my guitar back since the start of the site a little over a year before.

It's free to register one guitar so go over there and do it.

YOU NEVER KNOW!

On 12/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, JBeltranGuitar said:

Happy Holidays you prick!

7 minutes ago, soundog said:

Wait a minute.

Did you just call me a prick?

I'm pretty sure you did.

#ME TOO!

Yeah, pretty sure he meant me too!