Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XT Live: How to increase the number of stomp effects? [solved]

I just bought a PodXT Live. Whilst the price was low, and I will be able to use it for the basic purpose that I bought it, I am disappointed about the number of musically usable stomp effects. There's only about four that I would actually use, including the Booster. So then I thought that I could buy an extra pack of stomp effects. But it seems that the model packs are only amp simulations, not additional effects.

So is there a way to get more stomp effects from somewhere and onto the PodXT Live? For example, a few more models of distortion pedals?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

The PodXT Live comes with the PowerPack and FX Junkie included, which equates to 31 stomp effects.

However, unless someone commissions me to do the soundtrack for a reboot of Star Fleet, most of them are bunk.

I can use the Screamer, Classic Distortion, Boost+EQ, and maybe the auto-swell for a specific, as-yet-unwritten song.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the unit, and it was 100€ well spent. But it is a little more restricted in choice than I thought.

Maybe that will turn out to be a good thing though! :)

I have been using Line 6 products, ranging from a Pod 2 to XT Live to the Amplifi series, for many years. And Variaxes, too.  In general, there are only a small number of the included models, amps and effects presets that I like and use regularly.

Too many choices can be overwhelming. (and I'm already overwhelmed...)

I agree with being happy with the pedal but only really liking a few of the models.

Speaking of model packs....are they ever going to drop the prices? The bass expansion pack has been $100 for 12 years, which is when I bought my XT live. To compare, the bass pack for the POD HDs is $30.

You'd think they could squeeze a few more sales from legacy users with some kind of discount, or at least match the prices with the HD packs.

Absolutely.  People who buy these units secondhand can't factory reset them because they'll lose the packs that the original owner put on them, and the packs are too expensive to replace relative to the resale price these units are now at. If the prices were halved, I would factory rest my unit and buy at least a couple of packs.