Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix to PowerCab Plus

slaughlin1103

Just pick up Helix and PowerCab Plus. Factory presets, IR's and heavily distorted patches sound fuzzy. Tried headphones and sound better so I think i'm missing something

in settings between Helix and Cab. At this time I am only using Flat on Cab. Could I have a bad cab or could I be missing something in global settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks capdoogie,

Just tried the Factory presets and some other using a speaker from the Cab Pro and sound much better.
Any idea why in Flat mode on the Cab Pro most presets and other patches or unusable?

If I don't turn off the cab block in the patch does the cab over ride?

Thanks!

Not sure why the flat frfr  stuff is bad for you.  It’s designed to go with the helix amp and cab blocks.  You might need to retweak everything to make it sound good in that mode on the pc+.   if you run your cab sim on your helix and your cab sim on your pc it might sound horrible. Or not?  I run my cab sim off on the helix and cab sim creamback ready live IR on the PC+  Sounds awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little disappointed in the “flat” speaker option in the PC+ until I added a compressor to the end of the chain. Without the compressor the clean sounds were harsh no matter what I did with the amp setting on the Helix. The compressor seemed to clean it up very nicely, to my ears anyway.