Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Amplifi bluetooth

An7onio

Can't give a definitive answer - can only report my results with Amplifi 30, 150 and FX-100: I have not had connection problems or dropout issues, once connected. That stated, I've not used the bluetooth extensively.

Are you planning to buy a new 150 or a used one?

On 12/1/2018 at 3:33 AM, cbrillow said:

Can't give a definitive answer - can only report my results with Amplifi 30, 150 and FX-100: I have not had connection problems or dropout issues, once connected. That stated, I've not used the bluetooth extensively.

Are you planning to buy a new 150 or a used one?

I think a new one, because dont like used one :) But just for info, how long you used the amplifier and how much you want to sell it?

To answer your question, I bought a used 150 about a year ago, and haven't played it very much at all. But I'm not looking to sell it at this time.

I bought mine from a pawnbroker and got a pretty decent deal. But the firmware version wasn't current, and it failed the update in a spectacular fashion, necessitating sending it across the country to Line 6 for repair. Although they generously comped the repair cost, I had to pay over $100 for shipping, which took away some of my excitement over the price I initially paid.

If you look through the forum, you'll find a number of complaints about the Amplifi series having difficulty with firmware updates and bricking. I like the concept of Amplifi, but don't have a lot of confidence about their longevity.

Some of the firmware updates have dealt with improvements to bluetooth functionality. While it's not actually 'necessary', if you experience any kind of a problem and seek assistance from Line 6 or here on the forum, you'll probably be instructed to update to the newest firmware.

After my experience with turning a newly-purchased amplifier into a boat anchor, I'm not disappointed that there have been no recent firmware updates made available for Amplifi. 

I am not really in a position to judge the component or physical construction quality of these units. My nervousness is related to how long they might last before some type of expensive electrical failure. Especially since I don't use mine often. It would really be a downer if I turned it on and it didn't work.