Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT vs Native

rsvette12

Curious would buying Helix LT help with not having patch limitations ? - anyone using Helix LT and Native - was the sound better ? more options open up using a Helix LT ?

My concern is if using payware tones not sure if I would be getting the preset to work as intended with helix native

Basically just want to use it in a daw but not be limited by computer and buying a Helix LT would insure I am getting entire preset to be loaded as intended - no grayed out blocks

One other thing I wouldn't know if a block was intended to be grayed out due to the snapshot differences - anyway to know if a block was grayed out due to the pc power ? thanks guys

I wouldn't question it but had to sell my 6,000$ system and now on a pretty decent engineering dell laptop - just not sure I am getting all of the blocks I am suppose to as we know in snapshots some are shut off or on and have a pretty powerful interface - rig kontrol 3

No and Yes. It can somewhat help. You can put as many Hx Native instances in between Hx Stomp/LT/Floor/Rack DSP paths as your CPU can handle. Hardware seems to have much less DSP power comparing to CPU but has ultra low latency, great analog audio quality and CONTROL (Floor, LT). Going thru the computer adds 3-7ms of latency (with the right driver used).
Hovever connecting Hx Stomp/LT/Floor/Rack just to have more Helix DSP blocks (by adding instances) makes no sense for me. There are so many great plugins which give you completly new possibilities.

• Like 1

Native is a winner for me. Even though I got my Helix Rack before they released Native.

The updates /improvements they have done with the Helix lineup cements me into not even remotely thinking of going with an alternative route for my needs. Native is probably the single largest contributing factor. The Helix platform is fantastic for me as a studio musician, and mixing engineer. Native paired with the hardware makes Helix in a class of It's own.

• Like 1

Fighting with controlling Native with hope I can take that setup on stage was stupid :D Further - if you think of any connectivity like tube amp, fx loop - small cheap interfaces are useless. USB powered - forget about it!
And for years we have been taught that DSP power is that "real profesional computing power". Hx Native was the first piece of software to abadon that myth. I am so glad that Line6 did not go the road of treating SHARCs as anti-piracy dongle for their software.

• Like 1