Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best speakers for Helix at home

Bradsuth

As DunedinDragon said, it's hard to know what you don't like about the other setups you've tried in order to make a recommendation. Even more difficult, one person's perfect setup is another's unhappy setup.

There's probably 100's of different setups folks are using. There's no one setup that's going to make everyone happy.

Personally, I can recommend a pair of L3t's (pretty awesome!), a pair of Yamaha HS8's (also great), and while most might not consider something like this, I've found that the little lunchbox sized Vox Adio GT guitar amp sounds pretty great when fed by the Helix into it's aux-in 3.5mm stereo jack. That little thing is not super cheap, I think it's $300. It sure sounds a lot bigger than it is, though, more than loud enough for average home use. You'll just need a 2x1/4" mono to 3.5mm stereo adapter to connect the L/R Helix outs to the Adio.

And even though I like those above, you might not - so just make sure you buy from a place with a good return policy, just in case.

Good luck on your search.

Thanks so much for that. I spoke to a guitar shop here in the UK that has a digital music department and the guy there recommended Alto TS310s. I find the response of studio monitors to be a little inadequate so I am going to check out FRFRs.

I have the KRK Rokit 6, which are plenty loud for home use, but if you need more volume for band use the Alto TS312 or Headrush FRFR312 (which is just the TS312 without mic preamps) are REALLY loud. Either are about US $300. I have the Headrush, which I use for guitar and bass. The Alto TS310 are also fine. You can spend a lot more for other FRFR solutions, but for home jamming and small/mid-size stage gigs either will be fine.