Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Native User. First Impressions...

GarrySimmons

I recently bought a Helix LT, so I knew what to expect sound-wise with Native. I've been using Overloud TH3 since it came out as my "go to" amp simulation plug-in for my DAW, but now that I have an LT, it makes sense to buy Native on the cheap and have options. Plus I can work on my live presets in the studio without having the LT there or hooked up.

I find two things missing that TH3 provides:

- A standalone mode where I can just play the damn thing. I tried loading Helix Native into Cantabile Lite but couldn't get my input signal into the plug-in. Maybe some other VST host would work easier. I just want to be able to jam along with a Spotify playlist or MP3 on my computer.

- A guitar tuner. I can't believe Native doesn't provide a tuner. Or maybe I'm just clueless and it's in there somewhere and I haven't found it yet.

Otherwise, really happy I picked it up on CyberWeek special as a registered LT owner.

1 hour ago, GarrySimmons said:

I recently bought a Helix LT, so I knew what to expect sound-wise with Native. I've been using Overloud TH3 since it came out as my "go to" amp simulation plug-in for my DAW, but now that I have an LT, it makes sense to buy Native on the cheap and have options. Plus I can work on my live presets in the studio without having the LT there or hooked up.

I find two things missing that TH3 provides:

- A standalone mode where I can just play the damn thing. I tried loading Helix Native into Cantabile Lite but couldn't get my input signal into the plug-in. Maybe some other VST host would work easier. I just want to be able to jam along with a Spotify playlist or MP3 on my computer.

- A guitar tuner. I can't believe Native doesn't provide a tuner. Or maybe I'm just clueless and it's in there somewhere and I haven't found it yet.

Otherwise, really happy I picked it up on CyberWeek special as a registered LT owner.

Just tried demo of Cantabile Performer - could not get it to work - helix loaded but no sound