Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reamping with the Helix

blackbeen

Hello

I am still learning how to use the Helix with reamping and am having an issue. I am able to record the source track and the di track, but when i go to reamp the new track is off time with the di and source track. Is this a common issue that has been addressed already or am i missing a step when doing this?

Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

To have low latency make sure you don't use any downloaded drivers. Only Class Complaint for OSX and ASIO4ALL for Windows.
But you will get some latency anyway.
To align latency there is a feature built to your DAW known as "latency compensation". It not switched on your reamp tracks will be off by full Round Trip Latency value.

1 hour ago, zolko60 said:

To have low latency make sure you don't use any downloaded drivers. Only Class Complaint for OSX and ASIO4ALL for Windows.
But you will get some latency anyway.
To align latency there is a feature built to your DAW known as "latency compensation". It not switched on your reamp tracks will be off by full Round Trip Latency value.

I have to disagree with the suggestion to use ASIO4ALL with Line 6 devices. It it not a true ASIO-compliant implementation and is known to be the source of problems when used with some Line 6 audio interface devices. It has to do with the user's computer environment than any specific Line 6 device, but for sure in some environments ASIO4ALL is the culprit.

And ASIO4ALL is not supported; if you open a support ticket Line 6 will tell you to remove ASIO4ALL and use the Line 6 driver before offering any support.

• Downvote 1

I have never used ASIO4ALL on Windows until I started to use Helix LT as audio interface. ASIO4ALL is not even compatible with Pro Tools which I use often (but this is due to awkward ASIO implementation in PT).
Albeit you have a choice:
On Windows - either use supplied ASIO driver with 15ms RTL or ASIO4ALL with 5ms.
On OSX - either use multi sampling rate OSX Core driver with 15ms RTL or 48kHz "Class Compliant" with 7ms.
It is woth the new fresh thread to adress.