Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset Sound Problem

Carhaci

Hi,

I faced a new problem on my HD500. I prepare a preset with two amps (lets put it 1A). And other preset by using two amps too (put it 1B) and a other preset by using one amp (1C)

When I start using 1A it sounds OK. Then I move to 1B , I sounds different, like I reduced the level of one amp. Left channel sounds like reduced . Then I move to 1C and turn back to 1B it sounds OK. Again 1A and than 1B it sounds reduced (only one, left channel)

I hope I explained my problem clearly (sorry for my English)

I always use HD Edit to create and tweak presets.

Thank you.

I know you prefer to use HD Edit, but let's try to narrow down the problem a bit. Try setting up the presets again, maybe in a new bank (say 2A/B/C), without using HD Edit. Just use the HD500 to tweak the presets. See if the same symptom occurs. The result of that test will tell us whether the issue is with the presets themselves, or with the way HD Edit interacts with the device.

I know you prefer to use HD Edit, but let's try to narrow down the problem a bit. Try setting up the presets again, maybe in a new bank (say 2A/B/C), without using HD Edit. Just use the HD500 to tweak the presets. See if the same symptom occurs. The result of that test will tell us whether the issue is with the presets themselves, or with the way HD Edit interacts with the device.

OK I'll check. Thank you.

I noticed something similar last night as I was tweaking patches in HD edit while connected to the HD500. If I changed patches in HD edit, and then used the footswitches on the HD500 to change patches within that bank, I was getting weird results that did not sound like the changes I had just made in HD edit. If however, I used HD edit to change from patch to patch, it sounded normal. I think the two are not updating or syncing immediately, and you need to use HD edit to do everything until you've written all the patch changes to the hardware. Once you've done that, when you use the HD500 footswitches, it should work as you expect.

• Upvote 1

.... I think the two are not updating or syncing immediately....

That's correct. Many symptoms of erratic behaviour occur when using both the editor and the device simultaneously. The general rule is: when running the editor do not touch the device, even to switch presets or turn FX on/off.

• Upvote 2