Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I get some more info about the Line 6 original amp models in Helix?

mehegama

Elektrik, Badonk, Epic, 2204 Mod, Doom, Fatality are all high-gain metal/hard rock amps. Litigator and Cartographer is a medium gain clean to crunch amps. Since they're "originals" the way I understand it is that they're not really based directly on real amp models with the exception of the 2204 Mod, which is a modded Marshall 2204. Elektrik was a "mistake" in the 5150 model from the HD series, but everyone wanted it back after they "fixed" it in a firmware update. Badonk, Fatality, and Doom all sound, to me, like Rectifier or 5150 flavors. Litigator and Cartographer, as I understand it, are based off custom amp circuits designed by Ben Adrian (one of L6's amp modeling engineers) of his own amp and one he kinda of "made up" from different parts of other amp models.

• Like 1

I hope Line 6 keeps coming out with their own custom amp model designs. Their current ones are well respected, which makes a great foundation for releasing more.  I’d honestly rather see this than see more models of existing amps.   I’d love to see more of the unique stuff you can do with modeling that you wouldn’t see in physical tube amps.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jws1982 said:

I hope Line 6 keeps coming out with their own custom amp model designs. Their current ones are well respected, which makes a great foundation for releasing more.  I’d honestly rather see this than see more models of existing amps.   I’d love to see more of the unique stuff you can do with modeling that you wouldn’t see in physical tube amps.  

While there are still some existing amps I would like them to model... (especially in the high gain territory) I totally agree that they should really make some more Line 6 original models, and more rare models.