Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 For Acoustic Guitar ?

airguitargb

Hi

I used HD500 and connect to Blackstar HD60 stage using 4 cable method using electric guitar with no major issues but just about to start a new band project that will introduce more acoustic guitar.

my question is can I use the POD as a DI box, if so how please or do I need to get a separate DI box. Guitar is Yamaha APX500.

Thanks

Thanks guys

So answer is yes works Asa DI box but I wonder if that is also while by electric and amp are all connect to the HD via 4 cable method.

What I am trying to say is can I instantly change from my electric to acoustic without any unplugging and re plugin in cables?

Hope that makes sense

This depends of the frequency response of your Blackstar HD60.

From the HD500's side of view, the answer is yes, you can instantly change from my electric to acoustic without any unplugging and replugging in cables.

But how is the Blackstar HD60.going to "service" the acoustic sounds?

Search this forum and you can find acceptable solutions on this matter.

http://line6.com/support/topic/3622-hd500x-jtv-hybrid-setup-is-this-possible/?do=findComment&comment=23899

I used the HD500 in a live situation for the last year or so.  I had my trusty Rg550 in 'guitar in' and my Washburn EA33S into 'Aux'.  A special patch was created for the acoustic which was essentially dry dry dry, i just tweaked the EQ for the room.  My output is to a pair of Mackie Thump 15s.

I now have a JTV59p to compliment the setup ;)