Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects won´t connect with HX Edit using USB to MacBook Pro

Sigmundo

Hi. I´m sure there is an obvious answer to this question, but I have searched the FAQ´s and this forum without finding it. I just bought the Line 6 HX Effects and downloaded the HX Edit to my 2017 MacBook Pro. As you might know there are no USB-ports on this machine, so I have to use an external hub. I´m using a Satechi hub, which should be ok. It works fine with my Pod HD 500 and the Pod 500HD Edit at least. But with the HX Effects I get "no device connected". So what do I do? I really like the idea of editing my presets with an editor, and I would hate to return the box !

Try to swap USB cable. The supplied ones sometimes do not work properly with particular USB chipsets (ports).

EDIT: I checked. 2017 MacBook Pro has two USB-C ports, so why use any hub which causes problem? All you need is to stick right USB cable.

9 hours ago, zolko60 said:

Try to swap USB cable. The supplied ones sometimes do not work properly with particular USB chipsets (ports).

EDIT: I checked. 2017 MacBook Pro has two USB-C ports, so why use any hub which causes problem? All you need is to stick right USB cable.

Thank you. That is probably the obvious answer I was looking for: I need a cable with an USB C connector at one end and an USB 2 connector at the other. :D