Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp that goes well with HX effects

felipepanza

You're not gonna like this, but there's really no useful way to answer to this question...it's kinda like asking "what's a good amp to use with a Strat?" The only genuine answer is "the one(s) you like". FX are the icing on the cake,  but the inherent characteristics of any amplifier are what they are, regardless... simply put, a Plexi will sound like a Plexi, no matter what you do to it. You either like it or you don't. Using a device like the HX FX is no different than having a giant pedalboard with a couple dozen individual stomp boxes. Delay/reverb/chorus/etc will all do the same thing to any dry tone...doesn't matter if it's coming from a Dual Rec, Fender Twin, or hot-rodded Marshall. Any amp that you like is the "right" choice. It's entirely subjective. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I play worship music

What kind of worship music do you play? I mean is the music mostly clean, or is it distorted, metal, grunge, etc etc?

That would help a lot in deciding if you needed a Fender Dlx or a Marshall stack...

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, caledoneus said:

Boss Katana is what I use mine with and I'm thrilled with it.  If you run the 4 cable method you can use the effects from the HX and from the Katana and have pretty darn endless options.  Affordable too. 

hi what were the settings you used on the kattana?

I've been surprised and quite happy with a Spider V MKII 240 (2x12) using it as a straight up cabinet (set speaker mode to Classic - disable everything else) - straight into the front input. Use IRs and whatever else. Sounds very good and is basically a PowerCab without the overhead.