Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Choosing a snapshot when changing preset.

Umanile

Hi all!
It's my third day with the Helix, I'm really amazed by this unit and, until now, I was a strict analog guy!
I'm still discovering the machine, but I'm really surprised with the sound quality.
Anyway I still have some question for you, guys! :)

- There is a way, when I change preset, to choose which snapshot will be active when I hit the preset button?

- Alternatively, as in the BOSS ES-8, there's a way to "manually" choose a snapshot when I change preset?
In the ES-8, when you change bank, you are still in the preset settings where you come from, all the button in the unit, now, are blinking,

and the sound will change only when you tap on the desired preset button. Is it possible, on the Helix, to have a similar setup?

- In a snapshot is it possible to latch activate an effect block by pressing a button on the unit? Preferably the same snapshot button?

Thank you in advance.

Emilio

If I'm understanding you correctly, no there's not.  The state of the stomps and snapshots are saved when you save changes to the pereset and those are automatically recalled when you move to a new preset.  Unlike the Boss unit there isn't really a concept of "Banks" so to speak on the Helix. Only a set of patches gathered together in a setlist.  Therefore you don't really change "banks" you simply rotate up or down in the setlist to a different preset whose state has been retained by the save operation.

41 minutes ago, Umanile said:

Thank you!
can you help me about the "latch" activation on a preset?

Not sure what you mean by "latch activation", but you can assign any effect block to any footswitch you want, and toggle the block on or off.  If you want access to both individual effects and snapshots, you have to run in stomp/snap mode, where one row of buttons has snapshots displayed, and the other the effects blocks you've assigned. It's all found on pgs 38-39 in the Helix manual.

As already stated, you can’t choose a snapshot when go to a preset. As soon as you select a preset it loads. You can choose what Snapshot loads when you load a preset in the sense that the snapshot that loads when you select a preset is one that was active when you saved the preset.

14 minutes ago, phil_m said:

As already stated, you can’t choose a snapshot when go to a preset. As soon as you select a preset it loads. You can choose what Snapshot loads when you load a preset in the sense that the snapshot that loads when you select a preset is one that was active when you saved the preset.

Thank you!
This is great!

Emilio