Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

one switch looper

mikewilliams6

Hi everyone,, I have this morning tried out the one switch looper, its going fine but I have one problem, when holding the switch down to delete the loop it plays for about one second before deleting.  this could be a problem when using live.  does anyone have a solution please?   thanks.

You are hitting on 1 of the primary reasons that many people prefer loopers with at least 2 switches, where the 2nd switch is a dedicated stop.  The HX Stomp only offers the 1 switch looper option.  The Helix, LT, and HX Effects offer both 1 switch and 6 switch loopers.  The 6 switch does in fact have a dedicated stop switch and is much easier to use.

To me it's mind boggling that Line 6 has never come out with a better solution on some of their devices. The Firehawk is another example.

With the stomp, I wish you could use FS4 or FS5 to add more looper functionality.

Or if the looper is set as a stomp, once you hit the looper button it toggles the three switches to be looper controls. 

It's just a matter of programming and it would be far more useful.

For now the only real way to use the looper live is a solid midi controller.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Halocaster said:

In the manual I can't find the global reserved MIDI CC message for deleting a loop.

Maybe I've missed it in the manual.

Does anyone know the CC# and Value for deleting a loop?

Thanks in advance!

Considering that the one switch looper originally deletes when you hold the footswitch down instead of tap it while playback is stopped, I assume you'd have to stop the looper and then send the looper play midi command (61; 64-127) with some sort of latch function on  until it deletes.

Which in retrospect kind of sucks because then you're back to the same problem of a second of playback.  I am surprised Line 6 didn't use a midi command for delete. As it is, you're stuck programming some sort of additional stomp switch to kill the volume right before you delete it.

Can anyone else confirm this is a limitation of how it works? 

6 hours ago, Halocaster said:

In the manual I can't find the global reserved MIDI CC message for deleting a loop.

Maybe I've missed it in the manual.

Does anyone know the CC# and Value for deleting a loop?

Thanks in advance!

Why would you need a separate delete function when controlling the looper via MIDI? As soon as you send the CC for the record function, the loop that's currently in memory will be deleted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

Why would you need a separate delete function when controlling the looper via MIDI? As soon as you send the CC for the record function, the loop that's currently in memory will be deleted.

Makes sense and puts newbies like me at ease who haven't got to try midi yet but want to.