Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Metal tones on HX effects

kaliman33

1 hour ago, kaliman33 said:

Can anyone post some samples that they use to get a nice metal sound? 

So I can have some ideas, 

thanks

The question is a bit puzzling. 98% of a good metal tone (or any other genre for that matter) comes from the amp or amp model you're using, and how that component is dialed in. In this case, it will require some sort of high gain amp, or amp sim.... which the HX FX does not have. It's an effects unit... there is no amp modeling in there.

Effects by themselves can't produce a metal tone, or jazz,  or country, or anything else... they are just the fancy tiles in the bathroom, not the houses' foundation.

What are you plugging your HX FX into? 

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Ok, you've got the amp covered... so scoop the mids, and you're off to the races. ;).... effects can be anything you want them to be.

Please don't do this, lol. Scooped mids haven't been metal tones for like 20 years now. How are you using the HXFX with your amp? 4CM method would be ideal, then run a boost into the front and an EQ in the loop. Been a minutes since I've been around that particular amp, but its already pretty full and chunky, so dialing in your boost and EQ really depends on your cab and what you want to hear. 

• Upvote 1

I have played around & have some great metal sounds. I love a nice rumble, lol

im learning as I go, I set one channel for just amp, one amp with chorus, then started adding distortion, loving teemah, and top secret, little delay, I need a noise reducer cause the amp has a tendency to hum.

but I love this Diablo