Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

newbie question

Tony-Hud

Hi All !
I am new here and could use a tip or two !

I got my FHFX and had to use it  in a hurry..  I programmed a few patches  on  my studio monitors and /headphones  only to find at the gig the sounds where ..... awful   to say the least...
I know this may not  be the fault of the unit  but  of mine... granted 
however.>
why does my fhfx sound so thin   ? the treble is  so hot   I had to  hi cut on my mixer ( I input direct to mixer via the l+r 1/4 inch jacks ) the patches  where cut to a bare minimal  on the treble 
pls  anyone  give me a pointer in the right direction..
 my Chain... Strat (usa 1979) line 6 FHFX.>mixer > fullrange  FOH

cheers  guys !
all outputs are where they should be .
its still the same   .. the unut sound tinny   mostly on clean sounds .. like a bee farting in a bottle  ..
I would say synthetic  ...

I would like to use my old PB to A.B. compare but that is now impossible  ( I used a vox tolab se,,, and loved it ..
warm sounds in the cleam area and  not to great for high gain  regular 60.70 +80 s rock was purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect...
now that leads me to thinking    >:
the fhfx is geard towards metal and high gain   or
my ears  suck or
 have to foget about my sound and become a clone  ?????

I want  a warm tube sound  and use my pickup selector switch to add bight   at the mo  I have to roll off all the tone , all the pres  all the treb and work from there...it sucks
at the gig  I have to hi cut the git inputs  from 2 k   by - 15 db... that is really really bad ... I have  four gigs this week... I am not looking forward to it at all...
I need to spend  more time with this unit  .... idont have that time ... f**k  

15 minutes ago, Tony-Hud said:

cheers  guys !
all outputs are where they should be .
its still the same   .. the unut sound tinny   mostly on clean sounds .. like a bee farting in a bottle  ..
I would say synthetic  ...

I would like to use my old PB to A.B. compare but that is now impossible  ( I used a vox tolab se,,, and loved it ..
warm sounds in the cleam area and  not to great for high gain  regular 60.70 +80 s rock was purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect...
now that leads me to thinking    >:
the fhfx is geard towards metal and high gain   or
my ears  suck or
 have to foget about my sound and become a clone  ?????

Hopefully you can get the sounds you want out of it.  I wish I could be more helpful, but in my experience all gear needs extensive tweaking and testing before you debut it, and each outlet usually needs some fine tuning.

I do want to thank you though.  The image of a bee farting in a bottle is a new sound description that I won't ever be able to forget.