Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Random Messages

tkr1967

HI there.

My Helix stomp is behaving very strangely. Whenever, I try to do some edit on the unit (without Helix edit) I get random messages like the tempo window pops up. It might jump to a different block when I edit another block's parameter. Also, when using snapshots, the 'switch snapshots' query pops up. Very Strange.

Any ideas?

I'm running version 2.71.

Thanks.

It sounds like you're inadvertently touching the footswitches. The footswitches are touch capacitive and touching them does different depending on the mode the Helix is in. In Stomp Mode, if you touch a footswitch with an effect assigned to it, the edit screen will jump to that block. If you touch the tap tempo footswitch, you bring up the tempo screen. Touching the footswitches in Snapshot Mode can do a variety of things depending on the order to touch them... It's all explained in the manual.

4 hours ago, tkr1967 said:

HI there.

My Helix stomp is behaving very strangely. Whenever, I try to do some edit on the unit (without Helix edit) I get random messages like the tempo window pops up. It might jump to a different block when I edit another block's parameter. Also, when using snapshots, the 'switch snapshots' query pops up. Very Strange.

Any ideas?

I'm running version 2.71.

Thanks.

I had the same problem you did at first because I didn't realize just HOW touch sensitive they are. Once I figured it out though, I was able to prevent it pretty easily.

However, just in case it really bothers you and you find you can't manage around it, in the global settings you can set it to go from touch sensitive to requiring a bit more of a push before the footswitch engages. You might try that change out if it's driving you nuts.