Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is anything in the pipeline?

calan

The Helix Ideascale site has tons of suggestions, and almost all of them with any votes were moved to "in review" 3 years ago. I personally am only interested in the relatively new Helix FX, but I assume there is a lot of crossover.

My question...

Is there a place where Line6 lets us know what goodies they are working on, if any of the suggestions "may" be coming soon, or ... anything at all? Or do we just wait anxiously for the next firmware update...someday... and hope there is something useful in it?

Not trying to sound negative (I'm enjoying the HX FX). But it would be nice to get an occasional.. "Yep, that's coming soon!" message on some of the ideas and improvements that I see.

14 hours ago, calan said:

My question...

Is there a place where Line6 lets us know what goodies they are working on...

Simply put, no. It's just not how L6 does things. Honestly, I don't know of any gear manufacturer that announces what they're working on before it's ready for prime time. It's a great way to pi$$ people off when things don't go as planned. "Where's "X" that you promised us?!?!??!?"....but I digress.

We find out about new stuff when they want us to find out. If you spend any significant time around here, you'll see this same question asked time and again... followed by the the inevitable lament that this is how it is. 

Is anything in the pipeline? Of course there is...otherwise they'd go out of business. But the ones who actually know what those things are, ain't talkin'...

There's always something "in the pipeline".

If you follow the Helix thread in the Digital and Modeling forum over on Gearpage, occasionally they'll drop a hint as to (very) approximately when the next update might drop.

That's about as good as it gets. The philosophy seems to be that, since there's always going to be people who'll whine and cry when they don't get what they want (many of us have been patiently waiting for our free pony FOREVER), they don't get to start until all of us who DO get what we wanted chime in with our "GREAT JOB L6!" comments.

13 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Simply put, no. It's just not how L6 does things. Honestly, I don't know of any gear manufacturer that announces what they're working on before it's ready for prime time. It's a great way to pi$$ people off when things don't go as planned, but I digress.

We find out about new stuff when they want us to find out. If you spend any significant time around here, you'll see this same question asked time and again... followed by the the inevitable lament that this is how it is. 

Is anything in the pipeline? Of course there is...otherwise they'd go out of business. But the ones who actually know what those things are, ain't talkin'...

Nevermind, I need to read

I wouldn't hold my breath until this Winter NAMM 2019... Maybe a decent firmware with 6-7 amps and 6-7 effects... Not considering the polyphonic stuff in any way... DI said something about new EQs coming... Maybe we metalheads getting some love this time... Maybe... Maybe... Maybe...