Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

re install help

kensmith5

Hi, i just put a new hard drive in my mini mac and i cant find where to re download helix native to my new computer. Also, i don't see it anywhere on my old drive, it's not in the applications folder. werid. can anyone help with this. I purchased the full version on the line 6 website like a year ago. thanks

15 hours ago, kensmith5 said:

Hi, i just put a new hard drive in my mini mac and i cant find where to re download helix native to my new computer. Also, i don't see it anywhere on my old drive, it's not in the applications folder. werid. can anyone help with this. I purchased the full version on the line 6 website like a year ago. thanks

Hi Ken,

The simplest solution would be to do a clean install of the latest version of Helix Native, available from the link supplied in the post above by “rsvette12”.

As for where the software lives on your Mac - well, Native is not a stand alone application, but a plugin, so you should find it in one of these two places:

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (the ~ represents your home directory)

Or here

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

I’m not sure if you will need to re-activate the new installation. If you do, then the details of your purchase and activation code can be found by logging into your account and navigating to Hardware & Software/Activations.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, kewlncguy said:

you cannot download helix native there because it only lets you download free items

All of Line 6’s software can be downloaded from that link. If it requires a paid license, you handle that through your Line 6 account ( and/or Line 6 Monkey and License Manager).

14 hours ago, kewlncguy said:

you cannot download helix native there because it only lets you download free items

Uh?

Select Helix Native from under the “All Software” drop down menu, then select the appropriate OS from the “All OS” menu and click the “GO” button, then from the next page, simply download and install the plug-in. Then you need to authorise the plug-in via your account.

Easy really, not complex at all. If you download and don’t register the plug-in, it will function perfectly for the 15 days demo period only.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Native is probably the easiest commercial VST on the market. Very light installer. You just download, install, and once you login first time from the plugin interface, it will authorize the license in that specific computer. And that's it.

I wish other companies were doing the same... (especially Eventide VST licensing, which is crazy!)