Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal works on every snapshot??????

Shrednoise321

I have an HX Effects run in 4CM into my Peavey 6534+ I don't know if this has been talked about or not, on every single snapshot I have a wah or whammy in a separate snapshot. It's turned off on all the snapshots until I step on it and it comes on on every snapshot. Is there a way to stop this? Because I try to keep my foot away from the expression pedal and if it gets moved a little bit the effect is active!!! HELP!!!!

Any help would be great

I am assuming then that you have the wah or whammy to "auto engage" when the pedal reaches a certain threshold. Simply using the on/off status of the effect will not work between snapshots while that is engaged, as you are likely finding out. 

I don't have a unit beside me to test at this time, but have you checked to see if you can adjust the "auto engage threshold" per snapshot? If it is set to 5% on the snapshot you use it on... maybe try setting it to 100% on the snapshots you don't want it to engage on. If that's possible, then the pedal would have to be fully engaged (rather than bumped) before it would engage at all.

I don't know if that setting is adjustable "per snapshot"... but if it is, that may be the trick. 

13 hours ago, codamedia said:

I am assuming then that you have the wah or whammy to "auto engage" when the pedal reaches a certain threshold. Simply using the on/off status of the effect will not work between snapshots while that is engaged, as you are likely finding out. 

I don't have a unit beside me to test at this time, but have you checked to see if you can adjust the "auto engage threshold" per snapshot? If it is set to 5% on the snapshot you use it on... maybe try setting it to 100% on the snapshots you don't want it to engage on. If that's possible, then the pedal would have to be fully engaged (rather than bumped) before it would engage at all.

I don't know if that setting is adjustable "per snapshot"... but if it is, that may be the trick. 

Where do I find this setting?

3 hours ago, Shrednoise321 said:

Where do I find this setting?

Check out this thread... it explains how the "threshold" is set so you should be able to find it and see if it can be assigned to a snapshot value or not. 

https://line6.com/support/topic/32006-hx-effects-auto-engage-wah-not-workingnot-finding-how-to-set/

I just setup my LT to see if that parameter can be changed via snapshot... and sadly, no it cannot. Maybe the HX Effects is different, but I don't think it will be.

(EDIT to ADD: I just noticed this next option was already mentioned above by @rzumwalt)...

You should be able to set the effect "BLEND or MIX" via snapshot. If you set the blend level so no effect gets blended in on the snapshots you don't want it, even it the pedal engages it you shouldn't hear it. 

5 hours ago, zolko60 said:

Why not use toe switch for wah/whammy activation?
I know it sounds ridiculous, but a lot of Helix users never discover toe switch exists.

The OP uses an HX Effects.... no toe switch. The HX Effects generally auto engages these when an expression is engaged past a certain threshold. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shrednoise321 said:

UPDATE:

Rig is hooked up as we speak. When I go to set the mix on zero, it affects all my snapshots. What am I doing wrong here?

You have to have the mix parameter set up to be controlled by a Snapshot Controller. Push and turn the knob under the parameter, and brackets should appear around it. Then you can set a specific value for each snapshot.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

You have to have the mix parameter set up to be controlled by a Snapshot Controller. Push and turn the knob under the parameter, and brackets should appear around it. Then you can set a specific value for each snapshot.

This worked!!! Thank you so much!!!! You made my day!!