Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal for Snapshot blending?

akalchschmid

Hi all,

can I gradually blend from one snapshot to another (Hx Stomp)?

What I would like to do is to slowly blend from a clean sound to a heavily distorted sound. I know, I could assign the expression pedal to a mixer and go from path A to B, but with the 6 limit, I don't have space left for a mixer...

You can't morph between snapshots with an expression pedal, but there is nothing stopping you from assigning multiple parameters to the expression rather than snapshots on this particular preset. 

If you assign the drive parameters (and a few others as well if you want) to the expression pedal with min/max values it will morph between the two sounds - sort of like having two snapshots to work with - with gradual "in between" stages. 

On the Helix Floor (not sure about the HX Stomp) you may assign multiple parameters (for one or multiple blocks) to the expression pedal. You may also assign some as an ascending value and others as a descending value, such that as, for example, as the Amp's gain or drive increases, the enabled FX's distortion, drive, or level, simultaneously decreases. This applies for any of the other expression pedal assigned controller block parameters. Moreover, you may also define the min and max values of each such parameter regardless of which direction you wish to express the changes.